starview 4 help required please

paul1971

hi, i have just bought the starview 4 superbox.
i have tried to install all the files i got on the usb stick but the starview just deletes everything. i cannot get into the secret menu either (tried 1570,1668,2004 codes)
now even the normal channels have lost all sound.
could anybody please help?
much appriciated and thanks

Hi Paul,
The only file you need to install is the firmware V 1.07 for the uk.

Starview 4 - TheboxSuperUSB You will need version V1.07 for The uk & v1.09 for Ireland.

UK Firmware >> http://www.4shared.com/account/file/...rUSB_V107.html
Ireland Firmware >> http://www.4shared.com/account/file/...rUSB_V109.html
Instructions SV4 Supr USB

To load the files just drag them on to a memory stick and then put the memory stick in the USB port at the back of the receiver.
Then press the menu button on the remote there you will see the USB option at the bottom of the screen.
Just highlight USB with the remote then you will see the (Box Super USB Bin file) appear on the screen.
Highlight "theboxsuperusb_v1.07 or the v1.09" with the remote and press the ok button then you will see the file start loading in to the Box.
The firmware will now load onto the SV4.
Go to s*y Sports for the uk & s*y two for Ireland.

When you load the firmware onto the box, do a factory reset & autoscan on your provider.

Last edited:
Hi Evastar/noelyf,
Thanks very much, i must have tried several of the v1.07 from different sites and none of them worked.
Just done it now and were on.
All i can say is thank you very much.
Paul

hi
This is probably a stupid idea but here goes
with the starview usb would it be possible to put the card data on a usb and leave that plugged in

hi
This is probably a stupid idea but here goes
with the starview usb would it be possible to put the card data on a usb and leave that plugged in

When you talk about 'card data' do you mean info on channels or a dump from an N*L card?

If its channel info then it's already possible to backup/restore channel info through the main menu. :)

If it's the actual N*L card data I don't think it'll do any good. :cry:
The problem is creating the N2/3 emulator. Thats the hard part. Once thats done it should be possible to run it on the box. Well for N2 anyway! :bang head:

Of course I'm open to correction!!

sc0user: I'm not stalking you! :ball and chain:

Hi Evastar/noelyf,
Thanks very much, i must have tried several of the v1.07 from different sites and none of them worked.
Just done it now and were on.
All i can say is thank you very much.
Paul

glad you got it sorted and it proves that this is the BEST and ONLY site to use to download firmware ! :)

i have tried to install all the files i got on the usb stick but the starview just deletes everything. i cannot get into the secret menu either (tried 1570,1668,2004 codes)
much appriciated and thanks[/QUOT

never able to download firmware of this site

much appriciated and thanks[/QUOT

never able to download firmware of this site

you will be able to now. you have to a) make a 1st post and b) wait til your name turns blue so now you have done both you can download

Back