starview 7 says not connected at the bottom. is the server down ?

mmpaa786

hi i purchased starview 7 and im trying to get it working. i have done alot of reading before i purchsed and followed tutorials online and set up the box. iv done nearly everything but i still cant get it to work.

i donwloaded the 1.02 sw on to the box scanned for channels found 300 channles then went to settings and turned it on to ustream and tuned all emu on. checked my ethernet port to see if its working by connecting it to a laptop via ehternet and turned off wifi to see if the ethernet port is working and it is. i get all the free channels but none of the other channels seem to be working.

i tried rebooting my internet modem and router and starview box.
i evan restored the box to factory settings and tried all over again but still no joy. and if it says not connected on the bottom what does it actually mean ? not connected to the internet or wat?

wen i go to menu,options, network and then ip setup it finds my ip address subnet mask gateway DNS 2nd DNS BUT user DNS reads 0.0.0.0

can someone please help.

thanks in advance

your better off trying the carling 1.3 for s7, improved. also cheak your cable line if it has an spliters on as it will become weak.

as soon as i put 1.03 firmware it worked straight away i got the connected sign on the bottom and got all my channles thanks a million mate!!

i am having same problem, waiting for admin to let me download 1.03 and will try again - hope that work for me.

I found another problem today which may be sort of usefull

ok i was using network plugs on a internet connection, nothing wrong there with a pc, now they tell me NO INTERNET well ok put daughters pc in my room and works ok with cat 5 lead no problems, so i connected her network plug to my pc no problems

ok i have a new ring main on the extention so thought to my self well run a extention lead to her room from the old ringmain or should i say my room and guess what IT WORKS
i know you may say and look at some of my posts about not connected but they are on same ring main so thats not the problem but this is worth looking into one thinks!!!

I have just set up my starview 7 box connecting with a wifi dongle and the green light has appeared on the dongle to prove its connecting with my router. I have uploaded the 1.3 carliing from the memory stick. then I scanned the channels, only problem is i cant connect to $ channels. Any ideas??? It says not connected?

Any help would be much apprieciated.
Thks, Martin

Hello, I bought a new Starview 7 and all I am getting is not connected...

Any reasons why ?

Regards

when box is new it needs updating/flashing then scanned with coaxial cable in direct feed,no lan connected,when list id done activate the settings and plug in lan,then reboot box and router to get an ip address.leave it on a scrambled channel should come on.

Please understand that the boxes which were working with Showmustgoon V 1 will only work with version2 if you have box which was on carling and you havent updated with showmustgoon V1 will not work as the server is locked now and any box which was not re registerd in last 2 months with showmustgoon file will not work untill you contact your supplier and he will get some details of your box and pass to the supplier in Korea and after verifying that this box is the one sold by supplier and not from any copy guys they will fired them up... any new box coming from supplier will work ok with these files as they have incorporated the required security feature in the box with them..
pls check if your box was on showmustgon V1 in that case it will take V2 but if they were never connected in last 2 months speek to your supplier.....

That explains why so many people are having problems, seems like a bit of a balls up. Looking about a bit on the Net suggests that Starview are aware and maybe problem will be resolved in a week or so, and that brand new boxes being supplied should be OK.

As you may or not know i have updated many boxes but struggled on a couple recently, i went through all the usual procedures and some not so usual but to no avail.
I then began to think the SV server was rejecting certain boxes.

THE ANSWER : I made a phone call ( don't ask me to whom ) they told me that the new SMGO 2.12 was developed to stop clone boxes and leechers using their server.
Any box that has not been registered (connected) with the Original SMGO will need to be manually added to the server list at the moment, but they are trying to reprogramme the firmware to faciltate this problem, nothing is going to be ready for maybe 1 week, the SV team are fully aware of this problem and will endeavour to fix this ASAP.

Added after 2 minutes:

As you may or not know i have updated many boxes but struggled on a couple recently, i went through all the usual procedures and some not so usual but to no avail.
I then began to think the SV server was rejecting certain boxes.

THE ANSWER : I made a phone call ( don't ask me to whom ) they told me that the new SMGO 2.12 was developed to stop clone boxes and leechers using their server.
Any box that has not been registered (connected) with the Original SMGO will need to be manually added to the server list at the moment, but they are trying to reprogramme the firmware to faciltate this problem, nothing is going to be ready for maybe 1 week, the SV team are fully aware of this problem and will endeavour to fix this ASAP.

Last edited:
Please understand that the boxes which were working with Showmustgoon V 1 will only work with version2 if you have box which was on carling and you havent updated with showmustgoon V1 will not work as the server is locked now and any box which was not re registerd in last 2 months with showmustgoon file will not work untill you contact your supplier and he will get some details of your box and pass to the supplier in Korea and after verifying that this box is the one sold by supplier and not from any copy guys they will fired them up... any new box coming from supplier will work ok with these files as they have incorporated the required security feature in the box with them..
pls check if your box was on showmustgon V1 in that case it will take V2 but if they were never connected in last 2 months speek to your supplier.....

i think the other boxes were on the first firmware and when flashed with the later one would not connect,same as a 10 month old box no connection also the odd sv6 so not just new boxes.

Really not impressed with this.If any sv i have i av to contact supplier dont know who he is im not gonna do it m8.Tell u wat kiddy i,ll pm u my serials and u get it conected simples.Relly not happy.Sort it m8.

Last edited:
is this software the show must go on 2.12 reliable and how when up and running do i prevent the screen from freezing...thanks for any advice given

reply to above threads i just contacted my supplier and they said its nothing to do with them as the boxes are sold as Fta only.

i have 3 off them sat here

I agree with dman this needs to be sorted

are the rumours working out to be true then starview are only interested in selling the stock they had then its good bye?

i appreciate everything that The Kiddy is doing and now hes working hard but this needs to get done

Last edited:
Hi there ,
Thanks for the post i have one box which wont play no matter what i try i suspect its due to the above post (hilltops123). I dont suppose you have the contact details in Korea as i dont seem to get any response from "mycablebox" everytime i mail them .
Thanks
Stu

Added after 6 minutes:

ps- i also have two brand new boxes in my cupboard which i ve never loaded so it looks like they are dear door stops unless i can contact korea or where ever?????? oh dear

Last edited:
i had a SV7 that was runnimng on carling 1:04, i then put show must go on 2.2 and guess what its WORKING, hilltop is scaremongering. What supplier would take details and pass on too an illeagal operation. Surely all suppliers are law abiding citizens and will NOT in no way be seen too be breaking the law.

If your boxes arent working Im sure its a human error rather than an attempt by STARVIEEW too block clone boxes.

starview 7 says not connected at the bottom. is the server down ?

Yep thats the thread title :dunno:

abdi read through the thread you just posted in and the other starview threads, all the info is there

Back