Starview Bleeding Section!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4v3d

VIP Member
going to let off some steam here

it seems that no one is hardly even listening to the mods or reading the rules round here, since the starview has come back on there has been countless threads, more newbies joining just for the benefit of getting their hands on the firmware.

I think maybe its time we got tough with the newbies, had some sort of referral system where by registrations are open for a limited time or if they know a user on here they can then recommend them to the forum.

they can fill some sort of form out saying why they want to join and for what purpose

this way it will cut down all the crap that is not being double posted but posted 50 odd dozen times!

that section is driving the mods round the bend. Even when you offer help they at times dont appreciate it! i dont understand why they dont just read and research around the forum. I think thats the only downside here since the new f/w has appeared. Maybe the boxes should stay off to give us a peaceful time on here lol

Anto time to get your whip out lmao

Rant over! you may proceed in hammering me now LOL

It is a little annoying (to say the least) but, I think that the membership should remain open as not everyone gets referred to here by a member. there are some people who stumble along this site, then go on to become very productive members.
People are always going to take the easy way out and ask instead of researching, but in that case it is up to those who moderate and administrate to do just that.
the starview section is always going to be popular, it is what got me interested in things tech, but since Ireland lost out on the dodgy boxes, I have learnt to mess about with games consoles(Wii, XBox, PSP), and i always learn new stuff around here.

I'm a complete newbie to this - and being a newbie bit raw to the rules - so post instead of reading/researching. I did download the new software for the SV and got going. I understand that system gets overloaded by repeat questions - but keep the forum open otherwise people like myself would not get on. I don't know any members from TK (or DK). So unless there is complete open membership to forums like this novices and newbies will lose out.

but keep the forum open otherwise people like myself would not get on.

Have no worries about that ifj, it will be staying open, I can see where j4v3d is coming from, but you can not limit a forum only allowing members who only know someone on the said forum.

It does get head wrecking when people won't read and ask the same questions over and over, but were here to do a job and thats what we will do 'our job',

time to start fining some users on here lol

it would be good if newbies had their own section where they can play around in lol

time to start fining some users on here

j4v3d as said we have a job and we do it

If rules are not adhered to an infraction are given, which if infractions are repetitive may result in a temporary/permanent ban, its all in the rules,

these rules are also the guidelines for the mods who moderate here, so we all know were we stand, break them and there are consequences ;)

We see everything :spy:

cctv.jpg

lol

j4v3d as said we have a job and we do it

If rules are not adhered to an infraction is giving, which if infractions are repeitive may result in a temporary/permanent ban, its all in the rules,

these rules are also the guidelines for the mods who moderate here, so we all know were we stand, break them and there are consequences ;)

anto you sound really scary now lol will end up probably having nightmares thinking your going to come hunt me down lmao

i know and ALL the mods are doing a fantastic job. (y) hopefully one day i may become one :)

big brother OOPS big noelyf is watching you! LOL

In all honesty we do see more than any of you could imagine behind the scene. Most of the idiots are banned at the door and don't get a chance to even post.

As for member registrations to be limited to referrals, this will never happen here EVER!!!.

Leave the threads to the Mods to Moderate and members sit back and enjoy the forum, don't get involved and try to moderate the threads yourself!.

The mods do there job and indeed they do it extremely WELL!, we don't need to introduce new rules as the mods already handle the forum just fine.

There's little that gets past them!.

:guns:

HiTeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back