strange device linked

Possibly wrong thread but seemed best suited.

So, I have a samsung smart tv. I have a YouTube app on it with my YouTube account linked. I was watching Netflix when suddenly the youtube app opens and starts playing this strange chinese video.

I had no idea what was happening. Something was flicking through the video list. I grabbed the remote and went to setting in the YouTube app and linked devices. Low and behold it said this long chinese name/device was linked to my tv?

I clicked on unlink device and it has disappeared. Should I be worried about security or anything.
I rent a room in a house with shared internet. No chinese live in the house. I noticed last week that one of the other tenants has changed the name of the 5ghz wireless to his own name in an attempt I assume to keep that connection to himself for better speeds.

I tried getting into the router ip address but it never loads. Has he maybe left something open for someone to get into the router and the link to my tv YouTube?

The only options to link is A. Link with code or B link with wifi. Pass codes are still required to connect to the wireless box.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

So, I have a samsung smart tv. I have a YouTube app on it with my YouTube account linked. I was watching Netflix when suddenly the youtube app opens and starts playing this strange chinese video.

I had no idea what was happening. Something was flicking through the video list. I grabbed the remote and went to setting in the YouTube app and linked devices. Low and behold it said this long chinese name/device was linked to my tv?

I clicked on unlink device and it has disappeared. Should I be worried about security or anything.
I rent a room in a house with shared internet. No chinese live in the house. I noticed last week that one of the other tenants has changed the name of the 5ghz wireless to his own name in an attempt I assume to keep that connection to himself for better speeds.

I tried getting into the router ip address but it never loads. Has he maybe left something open for someone to get into the router and the link to my tv YouTube?

The only options to link is A. Link with code or B link with wifi. Pass codes are still required to connect to the wireless box.

Your TV has coronavirus. Put it in the loft for fourteen days

Yeah we used to do this to the kid to annoy him whilst he was watching cartoons. Someone in your house or nearby is casting a phone or other device to your TV m8
Good fun lol

Back