Stream from H2h box to H2s box...Possible?

Hey guys,

I've just been having an interesting conversation with our very own TK Veteran 'pabloescaban' and he tells me there is a way of streaming vm from my H2h box downstairs to my H2s upstairs via wifi or ethernet, but he wasn't sure how it was done.
Has anyone on here managed to do this or knows how to do this? I'd really appreciate it if you could share the know how ;)

Cheers!

Hey guys,

I've just been having an interesting conversation with our very own TK Veteran 'pabloescaban' and he tells me there is a way of streaming vm from my H2h box downstairs to my H2s upstairs via wifi or ethernet, but he wasn't sure how it was done.
Has anyone on here managed to do this or knows how to do this? I'd really appreciate it if you could share the know how ;)

Cheers!
@grog68 might be the chappy to ask, I'm sure he wrote something along these lines a while back.
I've tagged him in this message so he sees it

Do you still want to use sat on the h2s? You can download Channels Importer from plugins, system plugins, Channels Importer and reboot box.

Menu, setup, service searching, channels importer. The setup screen is self explanatory.

You will need a free tuner when watching on the client box.

Alternative is remote stream converter plugin in download system plugins once installed you should find it in service searching, I can't remember the exact setup but it should be self explanatory. With this plugin you can just choose the bouquets you want.

The second box works completely independently but it will use the tuner on the main box for the service that it's connecting to. You won't be able to use that tuner on the main box.
Any decryption of channels is done on the main box also. You only need a power lead and a network lead connected to the second box.

Can you view the VM channels via the H2s box?
Does the H2h dictate what cable channel is watchable on the H2s?
Yes you can view channels from the h2h on the h2s. It will require a tuner just like recording, so if you only have 1 tuner and the h2h is on a channel then you will only be able to view channels on the same frequency on the h2s.

With channels importer it will copy all the bouquets from the master box (h2h) to the slave box (h2s) then you can watch any channel from the h2h again providing there's a free tuner.

With remote stream converter plugin you can choose what bouquets you want to copy.

You'll be better with more tuners to get the full advantage of channels importer.

Wow only been away for a couple of hours, come back and seen all these replies. Thanks to everyone for their input. It's given me one or two ideas to roll with.

Yes you can view channels from the h2h on the h2s. It will require a tuner just like recording, so if you only have 1 tuner and the h2h is on a channel then you will only be able to view channels on the same frequency on the h2s.

With channels importer it will copy all the bouquets from the master box (h2h) to the slave box (h2s) then you can watch any channel from the h2h again providing there's a free tuner.

With remote stream converter plugin you can choose what bouquets you want to copy.

You'll be better with more tuners to get the full advantage of channels importer.

Hey dsayers, great info, I would have never figured this out myself...I've gone down the remote stream converter plugin route. I've managed to get the H2s box connected to the main H2h box, I've imported bouquets which are running nicely alongside the sat bouquets, but for some reason there's no epg's for the new bouquets and I cannot change channels either. Is this normal or have I overlooked a setting?

For epg try running epg importer, I can't remember it there's an option to import epg from client box on remote streams converter.

Is your tuner in use on the h2h? If it is that maybe why you can't play them try putting the h2h into standby.

For epg try running epg importer, I can't remember it there's an option to import epg from client box on remote streams converter.

Is your tuner in use on the h2h? If it is that maybe why you can't play them try putting the h2h into standby.

I tried running epg importer but it didn't work. No there's no option in the remote streams converter to import epg.

Tried that but unfortunately that didn't work.

I figured I'd try the channels importer instead seeing as I'm getting knowhere with the remote streams converter, but now after installing that and rebooting the box, I'm not getting any further than the Wooshbuild screen with a bar at the bottom saying 'Downloading Bouquets' and the rotating sly wheel in the top left constantly spinning. Box won't boot any further than that :(

Any ideas?

Okay, I thought I'd give things another go today by starting again from scratch...I deleted all plugin files related to the channels importer and the remote stream converter from my usr/lib/enigma2/plugins/python/systemplugins...Gone into my H2s plugins to download fresh copies of either the 'remote stream converter plugin' or the 'channels importer' and guess what, neither of them are in the list anymore to download :( This is really frustrating. I mean, are you only given the option to download them once, or am I missing something here guys?

reboot the box and try again, usually only plugins that aren't already installed are available to download.
if the box sees that you have something installed (even if you have removed it) it won't show up in green-green as remnants of it may remain.
Reboot the box, twice preferably, then see f the downloadable plugins are showing

As always, you're the man pablo. That did the trick.

Just cannot figure out how to get the epg working now with the remote stream converter plugin. All listings are blank. I'm convinced there's a simple setting somewhere I'm overlooking but god knows where???

Back