Stream TV from the H2S

DobboR1

Has anyone got a user guide or a run through on how to set up TV channel streaming from my box in the living room to a Samsung smart TV in the bedroom on the same network please?
Openwebif has something to do with it I think?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, try this to begin with

1 in Samsung tv app store see if the app smart iptv is available. Search for it in lifestyle or enter smart or. Iptv and it should come up.
2 find your IP address for your box
3 on a PC go into the IP address of your box and then select autobuqets
4 click the TC screen next to your main list and you should end up downloading a playlist.m3u file
5 go to TC, open smart iptv app and it will tell you your to MAC address. Write it down or take a picture.
6 go to the website instructed on your TC screen now and when prompted enter your MAC address and then browse and upload the m3u file
7 enjoy!

i found that the narrator audio was streamed some channels instead of standard, so you got a description of what was happening, bbc1 HD had that and no way to alter it, standard bbc1 west minds (or wherever you are based) had standard audio.

That should get you a bit further. Post back if it's not working and will try to help.

WOW...perfect. Works a charm. Already activated too I'm impressed.
Just one question, I uploaded 3 playlists initially, All Channels, Movies and sports but it only showed the last list I uploaded which was sports. I removed them all and just loaded All channels. Not a big issue but unsure it you can upload more than one list?

Just one list I think but you. Can edit it to make sure it only has what you need, or perhaps easier to make a favourites list on the box, then create the playlist.m3u from that instead and upload.

hi

i followed the instructions and have the EPG on my tv but cannot seem to be able to play anything. i get connecting and then it fails (or restarting message/connection failed?) is there an authentication on the zgemma box to configure first? (using wobshman atv build 2)

thanks

no nothing is recording. what i have doe is reduced the number of channels via VLC and removed some. this has made couple of channels work now.

there is still a buffer (lag) in the stream. Would fewer channels improve this? (my internet speed is 60mb) although the second tv is on WIFI. assuming home plugs would be better.

any other settings i could tweak to improve lag?

yup did that. i have changed buffer size from auto to 10 seconds which seems to have fixed it. smooth stream now!

thanks for your help

Good news. That's spurred me on to paying the activate fee for my Tv now as I had used it in trial and not paid the subscription.

Enjoy!!

so it was all going well till the IP address changed. I have turned DHCP off and entered the IP address manually but this leads to frequent crashes. any work around this as otherwise have to re upload the channel list overtime?

I have assigned the Zgemma (and all my other devices) a reserved IP in my router so it isn't fixed IP but always gets assigned the same one.

might be possible for you and that way you leave dhcp on.

Then finally reupload the playlist and it should stay the same then.

worked a treat again rich. so next issue. channels 1 - 5 i.e. freeview ones dont seem to play. tried to played every possible itv hd and itv link and also stv. any idea why they would not work?

also, this might help, i crreated a list of favs with the channels specific for the samsung tv. once uploded also shows piccons and channel information. hopefully ABM doesnt interfere with the favs

No not sure on that problem,mine are working ok.

Intersting point on in the edited list of channels, I did something similar by opening the m3u playlist in notepad and deleting the junk out.

Have the smart iptv working on my Samsung tv but there is no program names showing and also I can't remove the narration on any affected channels even when changing audio settings on the box. Any more ideas to completely remove narration on the box files?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't be able to stream to 2 devices at the same time because each device needs it's own tuner one for the box and the other will be used for streaming

Back