streaming in a pub

IF caught illegal streaming in a commercial setting you will get your bits squeezed until something pops... is that a risk you want to run? Most will rightly say not but there is always one willing to push their luck & ends up being made an example off when caught.

Pubs are crazy streaming.
A pub not to far from me got took to court, £2500 fine and court fees.
If theres no pint symbol at bottom right and its broadcasting in public licenced bar they liable for fine.

My pub was forced into £3k Sky subscription when they were caught. It was either that or go to court. Think they opted for the lesser of two evils!

Guys am i reading this right,Are we talking about showing sky ect on the pub tv sets or a personal device like a phone which is how i read the post.

If you get caught streaming in a pub, do you get a warning or is it straight to court?
Personal use like a phone /ipad or for the pulic domain charlie ???

Guys am i reading this right,Are we talking about showing sky ect on the pub tv sets or a personal device like a phone which is how i read the post.
not on a phone but on tv, a pub near me had a call to say they saw it through the window, they don't enter because they don't want confrontation in public, he think its first time
so hes hoping they just tell him to re subscribe, think I,ll stay clear of streaming

The amount Sly charges a pub for its services is based on it's estimated income. So, a small rural pub would pay much much less than a big city sports bar. But you'd be crazy showing IPTV in a PUBLIC house. Like someone said, to avoid going to court, Sly would probably you demand that you enter a legitimate contract to avoid prosecution.

not on a phone but on tv, a pub near me had a call to say they saw it through the window, they don't enter because they don't want confrontation in public, he think its first time
so hes hoping they just tell him to re subscribe, think I,ll stay clear of streaming
If you dont mind me asking @charlie571 what is the cost they are looking mate?
I know the pub that i was referring to there sly bill was £1100 a month.

If you dont mind me asking @charlie571 what is the cost they are looking mate?
I know the pub that i was referring to there sly bill was £1100 a month.
Works out on the amount of people can get in the pub at one time

They will get a first time warning as they want them to take out a sky package

The amount Sly charges a pub for its services is based on it's estimated income. So, a small rural pub would pay much much less than a big city sports bar. But you'd be crazy showing IPTV in a PUBLIC house. Like someone said, to avoid going to court, Sly would probably you demand that you enter a legitimate contract to avoid prosecution.
I could be wrong mate.
But does sly not base the price on the “rates” of the property?

I think in UK mainland its council rates???

I could be wrong mate.

Nope its done by how many viewers can be watching so say one pub can hold 100 and one 150 the 150 would pay more regardless of the value of the property.

Nope its done by how many viewers can be watching so say one pub can hold 100 and one 150 the 150 would pay more regardless of the value of the property.
If sky charge £80 for a family package in wales it would be the same in london fact

I could be wrong mate.

I found this buried in their info:

5. Why is the Rateable Value of my Premises used to calculate mysubscription rate and how do I apply for pricing adjustments?To ensure that Pubs are charged fairly, our pricing system is linked to thegovernment’s non-domestic rating system. Your Sky subscription price reflectsthe individual rateable value attributed to your premises that came into effecton 1 April 2017. For full details on where to obtain your rateable value, and theprocess for receiving a pricing adjustment for food sales and/or location pleaserefer to the RV Pricing Policy in your Terms & Conditions booklet. Pricingadjustments will only be implemented once this has been evidenced by thereceipt by Sky of your rateable value certificate/Summary Valuation from theVOA (for customers in England and Wales) or your Valuation Sheet detailingthe breakdown of your rateable value from the Scottish Assessment Agency(for customers in Scotland).

Back