Streaming IPTV and internally streaming using remote stream converter

Hi folks

I have a quick question.

I have a dvbc set up in the front room using enigma 2 . I have a second box in my kitchen. On this box I have iptv installed. I can stream HD streams fine. I have set up remote stream converter so I can stream the virgin channels from my box in the front room to the kitchen as the quality is better. When I stream the HD channels it like freezes for a second every ten seconds or so. SD channels are fine. Just find it a bit strange that the IPTV hd streams run smoothly. Any ideas on why this could be ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How are you connecting the boxes to the internet

Just because they are hd doesn’t men they are the same bit rate.

Last edited:
They are both wired via Ethernet cable. Is there a way to change bit rate or the transcoding option ?

I have a 100mb internet line nothing else being used currently and it still is happening.

I'm not entirely sure I understand you,
do you want to stream VM from your master box to a slave box.?

I'm not entirely sure I understand you,
do you want to stream VM from your master box to a slave box.?
Correct yes and it works on SD channels however the HD channels glitch or freeze every 10 seconds or so for a second

Correct yes and it works on SD channels however the HD channels glitch or freeze every 10 seconds or so for a second

if you are streaming virmin from your master box to a slave box, and it is glitching,
then your problem is either with you master box [ check if it is glitching ]
or your internal network is too busy,
I know with my set up, if I am trying to stream more than 200mb over the same connection as my VM stream then it glitches badly, so I have simply throttled my streaming to 200mb while I am watching VM on my slave box

No my master never glitches line is completely flawless. There is no other traffic on my network when testing only me in the house on a 100mb line. Even switched phone wifi off.

I just don't get why it would glitch surely you dont need even half of a 100mb connection to stream an HD channel on same network

I just don't get why it would glitch surely you dont need even half of a 100mb connection to stream an HD channel on same network

ok, your out side speed has absolutley NO bearing on your internal streaming
are you hard wired,?
are you trying to watch the same channel you are streaming.?

AH
just noticed, you say 100mb
where have you got this from,?
100mb is fairly slow tbh.......
do you mean 100 Mb,,,, ?

ok, your out side speed has absolutley NO bearing on your internal streaming
are you hard wired,?
are you trying to watch the same channel you are streaming.?
Haha you are right I'm an idiot apologies ... obviously it is just running over my internal network so my internet connection is irrelevant. Yip hard wired main box to router then main to slave through home plugs is there any way to test internal connection speed on these boxes. Main box is gig Ethernet slave box 100mb Ethernet home plugs . Plugs r 500mb

You know I was thinking that. Guess I'll get a massive Ethernet cable to test lol. Unless there's another solution you can think to try

You know I was thinking that. Guess I'll get a massive Ethernet cable to test lol. Unless there's another solution you can think to try

Couldn't you just put the box with the home plugs in your room and try that way to see if it is the home plugs

Back