Streaming to Android Device - Idiots Guide

thepower1

I've searched around here for an idiots guide on how to do this but i've not been able to find one.

I've seen various apps mentioned, many of which i've tried but i've not been able to set it up correctly.

Can someone break it down for me? A step by steps guide on what you need to do on the box, and also what's needed on the app (any app, as long as it works)

Thanks in advance!

I've searched around here for an idiots guide on how to do this but i've not been able to find one.

I've seen various apps mentioned, many of which i've tried but i've not been able to set it up correctly.

Can someone break it down for me? A step by steps guide on what you need to do on the box, and also what's needed on the app (any app, as long as it works)

Thanks in advance!

Use tiMote which can be downloaded through play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...imote&pcampaignid=APPU_1_GaEoV4PWN4aNUc-IiPgO

1. Once downloaded, open it and click on profiles and then the plus icon to create a new profile

2. Add any name you want for the profile name.

3. Change the GUI to enigma2 (Important)

4. Add your box IP address. (This should be on your system network settings somewhere)

5. Change streaming port to 8001

6. Click on "enable login" and enter "root" into the username field and leave the password field blank

7. Click on the tick icon to save the profile

8. Click on "main" then TV and your bouqets should appear

9. Select a channel and click stream channel

10. You need mxplayer to stream the content

Enjoy streaming :)

Thanks for the response mate.

I followed your steps and everything seemed to be going perfectly until I actually tried to stream a channel. It tries to load for a few seconds and then I get the message "can't play this link"

Any ideas? Is there anything I need to enable or download on the box itself to make this work?

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 PM ----------

Never mind. Got it working.

Thanks for your help!

So I managed to get it working in the end although I could only stream the channel that was currently showing on the box? Is that how it should be?

I couldn't change channels through the app either. It tries to, but it doesn't work.

Black Ops,

Thanks for the info, tiMote works fine.

Can I watch on my tablet whilst someone is also watching the TV or does tiMote take over the TV.
The idea would to be to, say, I watch Sky Sports 1 while the family watch a movie on TV.

Thanks again

Mike

If you have both tuners connected then you should be able to watch one channel on the tablet and another one the tv. You won't be able to record while using the app

So I managed to get it working in the end although I could only stream the channel that was currently showing on the box? Is that how it should be?

I couldn't change channels through the app either. It tries to, but it doesn't work.

Not sure what5 app you are using but make sure setting is not on 'mirror'

Black Ops,

Thanks for the info, tiMote works fine.

Can I watch on my tablet whilst someone is also watching the TV or does tiMote take over the TV.
The idea would to be to, say, I watch Sky Sports 1 while the family watch a movie on TV.

Thanks again

Mike

tiMote has issues changing channel. ive recently found another app that can do this. it's called dream droid and it's on the play store. just use the same setting like you used with timote.

In response to your second post, you can stream sky sports whilst the family watches movies. Like daysayers said, you need both tuners connected. Streaming the channel won't take over the TV, it simply uses the other tuner.

Daysayer also mentioned that you can't stream whilst recording. This is because if you are recording, one of your tuners is being used for this whilst your other tuner is being used to display the channel you are currently watching. But you can actually stream another channel whilst recording another channel. You can just switch to the channel you want to want to watch then start streaming.

Hope this make sense :)

Last edited:
Anyone know if this works with chromecast - i have set up as above and got the stream to play through Kodi - however when i try to cast via localcast i get `Sorry format not supported` message on tv screen.

Anyone got any fix?

Anyone know if this works with chromecast - i have set up as above and got the stream to play through Kodi - however when i try to cast via localcast i get `Sorry format not supported` message on tv screen.

Anyone got any fix?

nope I've tried casting it to Chromecast but it seems like it doesn't support decoding.ts files.

Cheers for this guide, just installed TIMote on my Samsung Tablet and its working a treat, though i use BSPlayer instead of MXPlayer..

Back