Stremio Info Pls

@thebesh I’m not sure if you know but don’t use you RD account at different locations at the same time as you will get a warning then if you keep offending they can ban your account.
Weyd $15 a year for 5 devices but they do a 7 day free trial and would be easier for your parents to use.
If you do try it out, give me a shout and I will help you set it up.
The app is only available from their website.

Last edited:
This is great stuff guys, thanks a lot.
I'm a stickler for quality and my NAS is already pretty full with 2160p content. I was considering buying more storage, but the tight Scotsman in me is reluctant to do this. I've been impressed by Stremio and RD so far for the cost.

I'll have a look into Syncler and Weyd. I don't mind paying for something if I see value in it. I would rather pay "someone" to provide this service than buy hardware and have to manage it myself, especially when family requests come in
I used to always download and store Movies but haven’t done it for several years since I have been using RD and Syncler and Weyd.
All the movies I watch now are either DV or HDR and TrueHd Atmos 7.1 or Dolby Atmos 5.1.

The other thing is that once you’ve started to watch them on Stremio, they are available for download in Real Debrid. It’s a quick way to search for torrents/movies.

I used to torrent all the time, but using debrid with a torrent search engine and using magnet links blows any torrent client out of the water. You are downloading stuff in minutes, if not seconds.

Hi seen a lot mention Stremio, I’ve downloaded it, where do I get good add ons from please? Is it a paid service like Plex where I need to find a Stremio provider?

Thanks
Best way to use Stremio is by using RealDebrid, a really cheap service that will change your life forever :).
For more info simply search realdebrid on the reddit of stremio.

What I love about Stremio is that you only need to set it up once. You can log in on another device and it’ll be exactly the same with everything you’ve already configured.

This is perfect for the in laws who don’t live near me, I can just log into their account and sort out their add-ons for them.

RealDebrid is worth every penny. The fiancee loves Stremio's UI and hasn't had a problem finding her random reality shows to watch using Torrentio RD, Annatar RD add ons. The ability to add things on the pc to Stremio while they're watching something is awesome.

The only thing it lacks is decent Trakt integration. You can get add ons but it’s not quite the same it would be in Weyd, Syncler or Kodi. But it’s still the best app for me

The only thing it lacks is decent Trakt integration. You can get add ons but it’s not quite the same it would be in Weyd, Syncler or Kodi. But it’s still the best app for me
This is a good point. For convenience, I've found Stemio is the best for a no frills experience. Kodi along with Fen light or Umbrella with coco scraper is better with Trakt, but it requires some patience to get going. I haven't tried Syncler yet.

This is a good point. For convenience, I've found Stemio is the best for a no frills experience. Kodi along with Fen light or Umbrella with coco scraper is better with Trakt, but it requires some patience to get going. I haven't tried Syncler yet.
It’s just ridiculously fast at finding sources. The speed and ease of use make it the best one to go for. The others do have their place though. I’m a tinkerer so I love the idea of messing with Kodi etc but the fact that it doesn’t carry over to other devices is a deal breaker

Trakt works great on Weyd and Syncler.
Weyd is the simpler out of the two to set up and get going.
Syncler can be a bit overwhelming with all the settings it has for a first time user.
The 2.0.10 is still in beta at the moment.
The old version is still available but the beta has some good new features and is faster.

This is great stuff guys, thanks a lot.
I'm a stickler for quality and my NAS is already pretty full with 2160p content. I was considering buying more storage, but the tight Scotsman in me is reluctant to do this. I've been impressed by Stremio and RD so far for the cost.

I'll have a look into Syncler and Weyd. I don't mind paying for something if I see value in it. I would rather pay "someone" to provide this service than buy hardware and have to manage it myself, especially when family requests come in
Absolutely agree you there matey, I had a NAS storage device, kept upgrading the storage and was keeping file after file! Then discovered Stremio and I don’t bother with my NAS now as I said in a previous Post on this forum, it’s a game changer, no torrenting anymore.

Trakt works great on Weyd and Syncler.
Weyd is the simpler out of the two to set up and get going.
Syncler can be a bit overwhelming with all the settings it has for a first time user.
The 2.0.10 is still in beta at the moment.
The old version is still available but the beta has some good new features and is faster.
What’s are the difference between Weyd, Syncler & Stremio?

What’s are the difference between Weyd, Syncler & Stremio?
Weyd searches 33 providers.
Syncler searches 44 but 8 of them are anime but I black list them. But good if you are into anime lol
Also Jakeup has added Torrentio to his vendor package for Syncler. Which searches 19 torrent sites.
Stremio just use Torrentio.
Syncler and Weyd will find older content and also have higher quality streams. More so with Syncler.
Trakt works better with Syncler and Weyd.
RD torrent management works better with them also if you have your own torrents added to your RD cloud.
But they are yearly subscription apps.
Stremio is free
When Syncler is setup correctly, I personally think it looks the best out of the three.
Also the UI is better to use.

IMG_3421.jpeg

You can buy it off suppliers now for £20 or so with premulize links. They won't get banned supplier just tops up bandwidth

Syncler searches 44 but 8 of them are anime but I black list them. But good if you are into anime lol
Also Jakeup has added Torrentio to his vendor package for Syncler. Which searches 19 torrent sites.
Syncler and Weyd will find older content and also have higher quality streams. More so with Syncler.
RD torrent management works better with them also if you have your own torrents added to your RD cloud.
Stremio is free
When Syncler is setup correctly, I personally think it looks the best out of the three.

View attachment 102940
I do agree it does look so much better when configured correctly. What about the speed of the scraping though? Do you not find it to be very slow?

Stremio is free

View attachment 102940
Thanks for the detailed post, i have my Stremio as part of the subcription, but i'm temped to go ahead and just setup my own due to the amount of personalisation i can do, do you pay for all three then? What's the cost involved?

Thanks for the detailed post, i have my Stremio as part of the subcription, but i'm temped to go ahead and just setup my own due to the amount of personalisation i can do, do you pay for all three then? What's the cost involved?
Syncler one year sub is $15 for five devices.
You can pay for more devices and you don’t have to pay for a year’s sub as there are lower time frames available.
You only get it at this price if you buy direct and you will have to pay with crypto there are resellers but they add a fee and you can use PayPal.
Syncler is more difficult to share as you have to trust people with your login code to activate it.
You can backup your settings to your Syncler cloud account.
Let your subscription slip and you will lose these backups.
You can use either Real Debrid,Premiumize and Alldebrid
It’s harder to set up out of the three.
It provides more links and better quality links out of the three.
It’s slower at searching because it uses more providers.
Trakt works as it should between apps if you use others apps to view content.

Weyd is $15 a yearly for five devices. You can pay for different time frames and more devices if you need to also.
Payment by card only.
They offer a one week free trial.
They also have lifetime subscription for $75 or VIP lifetime subscription for $100 and you can only pay by crypto for lifetime subscription.
Wedy is easier to share as the buyer owner of the account is the only person who can add a device to the account.
This done by a supplied code when adding a new device on a new device setup.
You can also back up all your settings to your Weyd cloud account.
You can use either Real Debrid,Premiumize and Alldebrid.
It’s quick at searching and a bit slower than Stremio but it searches more providers and you get more quality links.
Trakt works as it should between apps if you use others to view content.
It a lot easier to setup than Syncler.

Stremio there is no cost just RD cost.
Not bad once it is set up and can be easily logged in on a new android device using QR code if you are the owner and have the username and password for the website.
Runs on windows and Mac.
It’s the fastest at searching as it only has one provider but lacks the amount of content and quality the other two have.
Trakt is not great on it compared to the other two.

The main thing for me is the lack of quality streams and Trakt on Stremio.
But that’s not everyone’s focus.
For me picture and sound quality is important so I can use my hardware for what it was intended for.

Syncler
IMG_3426.jpegIMG_3427.jpeg

Weyd
IMG_3429.jpegIMG_3431.jpeg

Stremio
IMG_3432.jpegIMG_3433.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you for your detailed reponse, very helpful! So it seems Syncler is the one to go for as a alterative (i have a basic stremio account already but would like something more that i have control over),

I can see that i'm able to buy direct or via a third party, based on the info on the syncler website, but I didn't understand what you meant by "Syncler is more difficult to share as you have to trust people with your login code to activate it". I assume you download the app buy the code and activate it on the devices you want to use and you're go to go right? Or am i missing something?

I do agree it does look so much better when configured correctly. What about the speed of the scraping though? Do you not find it to be very slow?
The the scraping speed on Syncler has got better with the beta version but you’ve got to remember that it finds more links and better quality links also because it searches more providers so you have to expect it to be slower.
Weyd it’s pretty quick and it also finds more and better quality links because it uses more providers but not as many as Syncler.
If you’re not bothered about Dolby Vision ,HDR10 picture and 7.1 TrueHD Atmos sound movies, 5.1 Dolby Atmos tv shows or not bothered about Trakt integration then I wouldn’t really bother.

Last edited:
Back