stuck on boot

hi all my box is stuck on boot not got a clue an cant seem to download the links u av put up £170 down the drain only had it for 2days when it went down an the guy who sold me it is being a D**k an isn't interested please help

When you say " stuck on boot" at what point in the power up cycle does it hang. What screen, if any, do you see on the tv? Basically please post as much information as you can and we will try to help you. But at the moment it seems to be a case of the blind leading the blind when it comes to these boxes.

Odds are you just have to flash an image to it again via usb. If you have a backup all good and should take no time. Otherwisw you'll need to download a cloud ibox 2 + specific image.
Make sure its only for ur box. There are some in the downloads section here with instructions

Just so everyone else knows, the main cause of sticking on boot is not setting up a permanent usb stick to handle epg, swapfile etc.
The internal memory cant handle everything well.

Last edited:
My cloud I box 2+ is also stuck on boot. Had it running ok,then tried a couple of other images just to have a play around. Now it won't get past the initial black hole screen, and corrupts any usbflash drive that I try and use. Are there any fixes at the moment other than reflashing via USB?

I had that problem with a new box couple of days ago.
I just kept trying until it flashed properly.
It would go through the flash sequence and say done but when turned off and on stuck with boot on front display.
Sometimes the rear usb would not flash at all but side would.

Apollo 23 would do this but apollo 22 ibox safe versionn worked fine.
I think newer boxs have had something changed in production but I could be wrong.
I have 2 more new boxs to try with but it will be tomorrow night before I can try.

laptop and micro usb.jpg
think i would agree with setting up an external usb as more likely it could be going to flash =internal memory what i use is small and wont get knocked out. 8gb kingston data traveler micro with 5 year warranty.

I had that problem with a new box couple of days ago.
I just kept trying until it flashed properly.
It would go through the flash sequence and say done but when turned off and on stuck with boot on front display.
Sometimes the rear usb would not flash at all but side would.

Apollo 23 would do this but apollo 22 ibox safe versionn worked fine.
I think newer boxs have had something changed in production but I could be wrong.
I have 2 more new boxs to try with but it will be tomorrow night before I can try.

Let me know how you get on dude. I've tried re-flashing with quite a few different images and used multiple usb sticks.No joy. I should have left the god-damn thing alone once I'd got it running. Would be a shame to have thrown £65 down the pan.

Have you tried the low level format then regular long windows format before trying the usbs again? Dumbguy posted link to tool for the usbs recently here

---------- Post Merged at 11:43 AM ----------

Also try a raw image from cloud-iboxdotnet rather than backups as I think somethings changed in new boxs.
Apollo 22 was most recent working for me.

never use backups do all from scratch and so no bugs get put back in.and always use a clone safe image.

Also try a raw image from cloud-iboxdotnet

Thats where I've been getting the images I was using. I had Apollo 22 working well then a couple of days tried some other versions and the box crashed. I always did a quick format of the usb before adding a new image. I'll have another go with the method you suggested.

SORTED!! Formatted my USB stick(1gb) with Hard disk low level formating tool. Downloaded the latest OpenPLi-4.0-beta-cloud-ibox-2-plus-20140808_usb.zip from cloud-ibox.net. Extracted the file to the USB stick. Powered off the receiver with the switch on the rear. Inserted the usb into the rear port of the box then switched it on. Nothing came up on the display so I letf it for about ten mins. Powered off the receiver with the rear switch and removed the usb stick. Powered on again and it started to boot with the old blackhole logo.I was just about to turn it off again for possibley the last time when it suddenly started to load the OpenPLI image. Gone through the setup,scanning for services as we speak. Very happy! I'll report back if I find any issues.

As an update
Looks like new box backups are backward compatible and will go on all boxs.
But old backups may have trouble going on to new boxs.
Not sure yet of cause as I only have new boxs now. Will get my hands on few older ones over coming weeks.
Im aware there's a new 05/08/14 bootloader but as I have zero info as to what it does im going nowhere near it lol
But best option at minute is try new ibox safe images from iboxdotnet until you get one working.
And like stated above leave the 15 minutes if you get no readout on front display. It may still be flashing.
And dont assume because usb sticks work all other ways that they are ok for flashing with. Lowlevelformat then full pc format if you cant get them flashing.

Working on all singing backups that work on both. Will know more by wednesday.

Last edited:
U need to reflash the box dude. Use 29/5/14 bootloader and vix 022 image in downloads here.
and always be sure loaders and images are ibox specific.

I'm having the same issues, tried re-flashing with the backup but after it says 'done' and i power off and back on it goes back to being stuck on boot :(

Hi all, I am new to these boxes can someone help. I have bought one of these boxes but when I plug in and turn on I get a blue light around the power icon on the box but nothing else. Nothing on the screen or nothing on the box. I have tried the above but nothing. Anyone help please?

My cloud box 2 plus just says boot on display and cloud Ibox 2 + on TV screen. Don't have a clue. All channels froze one day. Restarted it and just says boot.

hi, ibox 2 plus saying boot on the box and openvix and tv, tried flashing and sometimes get the lcd panel displaying, got to the setup stage and set it all up then when restarted back to saying boot on front panel aaaahhhh

Back