Stuck on boot

Keninho83

Fresh from having a nightmare getting a cam option, ive come home from work to find my H2H wont boot up. Having searched through numerous threads on similar problems, ive formatted my usb and tried to flash it with several different images to no avail. The last image i put on was Sucmnsees full back up . When i put the isb in and turned on the power, it looked like it had taken the flash but after around 30 seconds or o, its went back to the boot logo on the display. This box has been a nightmare so can anyone give any advice? I seen it mentioned that maybe i need a bootloader but cant see a link for one

Yeah just been to tesco for the third different usb :)

Im putting the usb in the right port as well. With the latest file i put on, it comes up USB the UPDT, then shortly after goes back on to root. Pulling whats left of my hair out now!

OK when you see it say USB, press the silver power button on the front once. BOOT will change to FLSH.

You can do it at any point USB or UPDT, but I do it straight away.

My work here is done :-)

The reason it will not automatically flash is due to the noforce file in the h3 folder. If you rename it to force, it will flash without pressing anything. The only downside is you have to remember to remove the USB stick before you reboot or it flashes again and really winds you up lol

Last edited:
Believe it or not, its still not working...

Can the zgemma have corrupted the usb at any point? Im following your instructions to the letter but shortly after the FLSH has come on, it goes back to boot. If the box has corrupted the usb, what is the best tool to fix the flash drive?

Believe it or not, its still not working...

Can the zgemma have corrupted the usb at any point? Im following your instructions to the letter but shortly after the FLSH has come on, it goes back to boot. If the box has corrupted the usb, what is the best tool to fix the flash drive?

You can just put the stick back in the computer and format to fat32. You can always do a full format instead of a quick format. I would also download HDD Guru which is a low level formatter which will do exactly that to your USB if it still doesn't work after a normal format.

Also download a new copy of whatever it is you are trying to flash and use that. If that still doesn't work, download the latest nightly build from zgemma.tv for your box and flash with that if different from what you are trying to flash with.

What image are you using? Some backups are made on premium channels so you will get the bootscreen until you change it to an fta channel or add line and start cam you should be able to go through the menus. Try hp format tool

What image are you using? Some backups are made on premium channels so you will get the bootscreen until you change it to an fta channel or add line and start cam you should be able to go through the menus. Try hp format tool

Got the Hp format tool doing the usb now. The last thing i tried to flash it with was OpenAtv version 5.3 dated 3/6/16

Lets start from the beginning here...

What image are you using - and where from? If you're using OpenATV 5.3 from the zgemma website, you'll have to install a lot of things before you'll get it working. If you're using a back-up image from here - what is it/who made it?

Are you using satellite, cable or both?

Do you have any test lines/are they still valid?

How can i tell my image? Anything ive put on the box has been from this forum mate. I followed Sucmnsees guide when i first got the box. I had both the sat and cable connected however since i hadnt fully got it up and working, i only had a 24hr testline. I scanned for channels and because i didnt have a line it was only freeview , which i knew anyway but after a day, i came in from work and its permanently stuck on boot regardless what i try and flash it with. As youcan see ive tried numerous different usb drives as well as different firmwares but nothing

As you're using cable and sat, I recommend this image here: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...014-vix4-100-series-h2h-one-set-bouquets.html

Extract that to the root of a USB drive (so you have a USB drive, with the zgemma folder copied to it).
Insert it to the rear USB port and turn the box on.
First step should be that it shows FLSH for about 5 mins or so whilst it flashes that image to the box.
If it doesn't do that, then it's not flashing - if it does, we can move onto the next step.

Give it a go, and come back with your results.

As you're using cable and sat, I recommend this image here: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...014-vix4-100-series-h2h-one-set-bouquets.html

Extract that to the root of a USB drive (so you have a USB drive, with the zgemma folder copied to it).
Insert it to the rear USB port and turn the box on.
First step should be that it shows FLSH for about 5 mins or so whilst it flashes that image to the box.
If it doesn't do that, then it's not flashing - if it does, we can move onto the next step.

Give it a go, and come back with your results.

Right this box is bonkers! Its funny you mentioned Dsayers version as thats what i had did after posting here this afternoon. What happened was that i did the usual routine of downloading and sticking on the usb etc but again, it came up FLSH for about 30 seconds then went back to boot. This is where it gets a bit weird...

I forgot about it and left it on while i went to my 5-a-side football and when i came back, i noticed the green light on the box was on so i stuck the tv on and hey presto, the box is running. I followed the instructions with regards to making sure the right network id etc is on and did a full scan after setting up ABM. Hundreds of channels appear yet very few of them work. Before my problems, the box would show freeview channels in HD but the freeview channels on it now are only SD. Also, what im finding when i click on a channel is an error status reading of Service not found, (SID not found in PAT).

At least the image is sorted now!

SID not found in PAT is generally the channels aren't setup correctly. Double check all your settings in ABM - bother for Sat (Tuner A) and Cable (Tuner B). Also, on cable you ONLY get BBC1,2, ITV, C4 and 5 in SD without a line. It's likely the same for Sat.

After that, we can get the lines on (you need two - one for cable and one for sat) - but we'll worry about that when we get to it.

Ah, because i had a Sky line going into the box previously that will be why the HD channels were clearing. To be honest mate, im not really worried about the Sat side of things, just gonna go down the cable route. Do you know of any reliable sites that i can get a linetest from?

Back