sumvision cyclone mini pc

alfs

hope I am in the right area,
has any one got or seen or used a sumvision cyclone mini pc ?
just want a bit of info on them if possible.
how are they for playing hd films e.t.c without overheating , reseting and the likes, had a couple of google sticks and stuff and the all seem to overheat and reset.
after something to use kodi on
+ use as a catchup tv device for the likes of bbc itv 4od 5od

thanks in advance for any info
alfs

In my opinion sumvision are a load of shite. If all you want is something to run Kodi on you can get an Amazon fire tv stick for £35.

I have a little stick like this but it keeps resetting, overheating.
took case off last night & was thinking of putting some kind of heatsink on it...realised I had thrown all my old cpu ones..will find something, thanks again for reply also

Last edited:
the fire stick has got the same specs as the stick I have, just mine overheats unfortunately :(

they say if you have an old laptop your not using put kodi on that,hmm too many bags to choose from lol

I am using daughters old laptop with a few keys missing and no good battery at moment in front room, takes a while to come on + resets now & then, a pain when half way through a film.

if money was no problem it would be a i5 or i7 nuc , looking to spend up to approx. £200 mark top end for a mini type pc or something
kodi + catchup tv as the missus has cancelled tv license as she only watches coronation street

we don't watch tv just itv player e.t.c all my ariels gone, mostly junk on tv now
only need a license if u watch live tv, record live tv e.t.c so nope we don't, don't even watch on pc e.t.c

Last edited:
To be honest if £200 is your budget and you have a dish you could do worse than the box i have (Amiko A3) Can get the box ( which comes preloaded with XBMC ) and a sat sub.
All in that would probably cost a little less than £200. Box is £159 and could probably get a sub for £30 to £40. IF you dont have a dish and are adamant you just want kodi you can get a G-box Q for £80.
Got one for my sister & she loves it.

the amiko a3 + sab clone look good but duel core (but what a nice box this looks ..if a had my tv license still , I would have tried one) the gbox looks good found it on amazon for £79 as you say..(is it a good box then ? I wanted wired instead of wi-fi and this has both, prefer wired ) looks good actually
thanks again for all info from all

just ordered a gbox q last night from amazon £79+ free delivery .. ordered Thursday night , Delivery says wed / Thursday the following week...crap postage no wonder its free, think there walking here with it hehe.
thanks again for some info on stuff, was a good search & read on google e.t.c

Last edited:
well got my matricom gbox q on wednesday night all seems well up to now (no reset or overheating and uses kodi fine) thanks again

Back