Support thread for NicNicxx H2S - Cannot connect to box via FTP or via network

wooshman

VIP Member
NicNicxx

Connecting to your computer remotely let me try and see what was going on with transferring your line onto your H2S box. Like you, I tried the Line_Installer file supplied with WooshBuild. You have copied the newcamd.list file to the correct location and everything looks fine.

Upon closer inspection, trying to ping zgemmah2s didn't work, it did however see that the ip address is 192.168.1.67 but the zgemmah2s is actually called zgemmah2s.home as the resolved name.

Pinging 192.168.1.67 returned results as expected.

Editing the line_installer file to ftp 192.168.1.67 still didn't connect.

I then downloaded filezilla and tried to connect to the same IP which also failed. So at present there is a zgemmaH2S which cannot be conncted to.

The final option for the ease of not having to try and fix the networking issue is to install the Dream Explorer plugin which I believe lets you manually input your line details using the remote.

Beni, may I ask for your help with that please? Give some step by step instructions for NicNicxx to follow to get him sorted?

Thanks Wooshman I knew you would not forget me, I appreciate all your help,hopefully on here we can get a resolve.
cheers

Line install via dream explorer as follows
Menu--plugins--green button to download plugins---find the plugin for dream explorer (alphabetical order) and download it by following screen instructions.
Once installed go menu--plugins--dream explorer and All Files screen will open up.
Press usr (near bottom) and sub file opens up
Press on keys (halfway down) and all of the cam file lists open up.
Locate newcamd.list and press ok
Line example should show on screen starting cws=....press ok
Edit line opens up where you can replace example info with your own line info
Once done then exit once and save the edited info on the prompt
exit out and reboot box
You may need to restart the cam after box starts up again.

Cheers I will have a go..

---------- Post Merged at 08:34 PM ----------

do I do I double click on newcams list to get the info? If so one saysCWS_a word don't know if I should say on here?
the next line says cws= with a lot of numbers to follow, please help if you can,
cheers

do I put in the full line of words and numbers, like for like?

Last edited:
I did the dream explorer download I got black screen, then I did as you asked, but I can't find dream explorer anywhere?.

I believe I have I got black screen that said ok at bottom.
now when I do menu then plugins it asks me again to download as I did before, that's the plugin browser with auto bouquets etc etc

I believe I have I got black screen that said ok at bottom.
now when I do menu then plugins it asks me again to download as I did before, that's the plugin browser with auto bouquets etc etc

PM me your landline tel no if you want and I will ring you to try and sort it out ?

If you look on your plugins screen is Dream explorer there?

If not, press the green button
then highlight and select + Extensions and look down the list for Dream Explorer. Highlight that and press OK button. When it asks if you want to install it, select Yes.

left side of screen will go black, then either say done or will take you back to the big list.

What ever happens, exit right back to the main TV screen, then press the green button again to go to plugins. Dream explorer should now be on your list.

Back