Switch providers when recording i.e. from sky to virgin or vice versa

joe3k

Hi Guys,

When I record (usually on Virgin as it's HD quality), my Zgemma H2H box blanks out the majority of the channel list on me.
To be able to watch tv again properly I have to press the down arrow button on my remote, then the yellow 'Providers' button, then choose BSkyB or Unknown (which is Virgin), then select a channel.

This is quite the faff just to watch tv again on the other provider. I wish there was a way I could just press one button and be on the sky channels and one button to go back to Virgin channels.
Can I record a channel on Virgin and somehow press one button and get onto Sky? Or even better can recordings automatically switch me to the other provider to watch tv when the box is recording i.e. when a channel records on virgin, it automatically switches me to Sky for normal tv viewing, whilst the recording is happening.

I hope this is explained ok.

Depends how your set up, if you have two sets of bouquets, one for cable channels and one for satellite channels then I don't see a problem?

Depends how your set up, if you have two sets of bouquets, one for cable channels and one for satellite channels then I don't see a problem?

I'm not sure if I fully understand what a bouquet is. I don't think I have one for cable channels and one for satellite channels. How do you get into bouquets, is it by pressing the 'TV' button on the zgemma remote?
If so when I hit "TV' it lists exactly 44 folders such as: All Channels, Entertainment, Factual, Lifestyle, Music, Movies, Sports, News etc...

Perhaps it is by pressing the down arrow and then the yellow 'Providers' button? In this I have 5 folders: BSkyB, Harmonic, QVC, SES ASTRA & Unknown. Unknown is virgin.
It's a bit confusing really.

483ec02b0c023d26a0aa9fbd8f32c212.jpg

I'm not sure if I fully understand what a bouquet is. I don't think I have one for cable channels and one for satellite channels. How do you get into bouquets, is it by pressing the 'TV' button on the zgemma remote?
If so when I hit "TV' it lists exactly 44 folders such as: All Channels, Entertainment, Factual, Lifestyle, Music, Movies, Sports, News etc...

Perhaps it is by pressing the down arrow and then the yellow 'Providers' button? In this I have 5 folders: BSkyB, Harmonic, QVC, SES ASTRA & Unknown. Unknown is virgin.
It's a bit confusing really.

What you can do is hide unwanted bouquets like dangerous has press menu, setup, service searching, autobouqets marker, hide section tick the bouquets you don't want ie shopping, international, gaming etc green to save then start scan that should strip down some of the bouquets

Mine looks similar but doesn't have Sky UK - or Virgin (UK) - in front of them. Perhaps I should edit them so that they read with Sky or Virgin written in front of them.
Still a bit of a faff having to manually go in er and select a channel just to change the tuner when a recording kicks in. Would be much handier if I could somehow set the 'TV' button on my remote to change from Virgin tuner to Sky tuner and back again. Is that possible at all? Would be even handier if when a recording kicked in, it automatically flicked the viewing channel over to the other tuner so you could continue watching tv. Is this possible?

Mine looks similar but doesn't have Sky UK - or Virgin (UK) - in front of them. Perhaps I should edit them so that they read with Sky or Virgin written in front of them.
Still a bit of a faff having to manually go in er and select a channel just to change the tuner when a recording kicks in. Would be much handier if I could somehow set the 'TV' button on my remote to change from Virgin tuner to Sky tuner and back again. Is that possible at all? Would be even handier if when a recording kicked in, it automatically flicked the viewing channel over to the other tuner so you could continue watching tv. Is this possible?
The service labels are just a setting that needs enabling.
Not possible to do the rest.

For the prefix (sky uk) in autobouqetesmarker goto configure and change add prefix to bouquets to yes Green to save then start scan.

For your other question no well I say no but I've seen one person setup tuner switching while recording but it's not easy to do I'll see if I can find the thread

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/100040-sky-vm-channel-list.html I never got round to trying it as it is a lot of manual work and wouldn't be good to release in backups

Cheers bud. Also for those who may not know how to get into AutobBouquetsMaker (like me until I did a search, lol): Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker

Sounds like a great option and just what I'm looking for. Unfortunately however, I don't use dreambox edit or know anything about it. Don't suppose you might know if there would be a way to configure it from within the menu settings of the zGemma H2H itself?

Back