Switching ISP affecting IPTV

v8grunt

Evening all.

I currently get my fibre broadband through Talktalk however my contract expired with them recently and I'm thinking of changing providers.

I'm looking at possibly changing to Plusnet and was wondering what other peoples experiences with them regarding IPTV - and general stability/speeds etc.

Feel free to chip in with other providers as well (except Virgin as not in a cabled area)

With Talktalk I dont get blocked AFAIK. They don't throttle my speed either. Their tech support is a bit iffy though but you get there in the end.

Plus net has UK call centre(bonus) like all isp any can block or throttle at peak times stability wise seems pretty good my parents with them and can't fault it tbh as I can stream on my phone no problems

Sky is decent are known to block but I've never been blocked yet speeds are quite decent if you don't have a fault that's un repairable and just have to turn skyshield off or it will block iptv. I'm supposed to get 63mbps I get 36mbps but that's due to issues underground

EE had them 18 months speeds really good uses open reach lines and quite quick with faults again never had any problems with them just turn websafe off and all good but all depends on what speeds your line can handle

Talk talk offered me 150mbps but with me having a major fault on my line underground I wouldn't receive half of that lol

If you encrypt your IPTV traffic it shouldn't really make much of a difference unless the actual speed they provide is piss poor. If you are getting similar speeds as you are now then shouldn't make any difference as far as I am ware providing you are using a VPN

I am with BT full fibre to the home may be worth checking to see if you can get it. Otherwise BT fibre to the cabinet never had issues with IPTV blocking.

Stayaway from vodafone if they find out you are watching IPTV they will throttle your speeds.

Plus net has UK call centre(bonus) like all isp any can block or throttle at peak times stability wise seems pretty good my parents with them and can't fault it tbh as I can stream on my phone no problems

Sky is decent are known to block but I've never been blocked yet speeds are quite decent if you don't have a fault that's un repairable and just have to turn skyshield off or it will block iptv. I'm supposed to get 63mbps I get 36mbps but that's due to issues underground

EE had them 18 months speeds really good uses open reach lines and quite quick with faults again never had any problems with them just turn websafe off and all good but all depends on what speeds your line can handle

Talk talk offered me 150mbps but with me having a major fault on my line underground I wouldn't receive half of that lol
Cheers Baz, killed 3 birds with 1 stone there lucky you having a g.fast enabled cab and living close enough to get it (TT150 service). My cab is also G.Fast enabled but I'm just outside the reach of that as it only goes as far as 100-150 metres and I'm about 250m away from the cab.

Any idea what the routers are like as the TT one I currently have is ok but is very slow changing the wifi channel when the strength drops.

Cheers Baz, killed 3 birds with 1 stone there lucky you having a g.fast enabled cab and living close enough to get it (TT150 service). My cab is also G.Fast enabled but I'm just outside the reach of that as it only goes as far as 100-150 metres and I'm about 250m away from the cab.

Any idea what the routers are like as the TT one I currently have is ok but is very slow changing the wifi channel when the strength drops.
A few people said they are decent then some have bought a 3rd party router and used that instead just get the credentials needed and job done

I am with BT full fibre to the home may be worth checking to see if you can get it. Otherwise BT fibre to the cabinet never had issues with IPTV blocking.

Stayaway from vodafone if they find out you are watching IPTV they will throttle your speeds.
Cheers Mike. I have been looking at BT for the free Sports Channels you get when using the app.
Looking at the BT Wholesale cabinet information for the cab I'm connected to looks like they do FTTP On Demand but don't that cost a bomb for Openreach to install it? Also I don't get the option on the website.
Does BT raise their prices with infkation every year?
Would you happen to know if you can sideload the BT Sport app Android APK onto a Firestick?

Cheers Mike. I have been looking at BT for the free Sports Channels you get when using the app.
Looking at the BT Wholesale cabinet information for the cab I'm connected to looks like they do FTTP On Demand but don't that cost a bomb for Openreach to install it? Also I don't get the option on the website.
Does BT raise their prices with infkation every year?
Would you happen to know if you can sideload the BT Sport app Android APK onto a Firestick?
Not sure about loading bt sport app on a firestick. however, some of the cheaper android boxes use a mobile android operating system so i should think you could on one of those boxes.

Back