T9 Android Box Sound

tsmiggy

Not sure if anyone can help with this one. I have a T9 Box, Sometimes the sound is fine, and yet other times it is not. At times the voices are clear, then they are muffled. I use both the built in player, and/or MXPlayer/VLC Player., all the same, it sometimes even changes during playback

Ii am not sure if this is totally down to the box or other issues. I am aware that these boxes are cheap for what they do, and i have no problem buying a better box, if that is what is required. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

Not sure if anyone can help with this one. I have a T9 Box, Sometimes the sound is fine, and yet other times it is not. At times the voices are clear, then they are muffled. I use both the built in player, and/or MXPlayer/VLC Player., all the same, it sometimes even changes during playback

Ii am not sure if this is totally down to the box or other issues. I am aware that these boxes are cheap for what they do, and i have no problem buying a better box, if that is what is required. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks
I have a similar Chinese clone of the T95max but with an Allwinner H6 chipset.
I think the T9 you have is a similar box but with a rockchip RK3318 is slow and lags even on the 8th android oreo so an update to the android 9 pie isn't going to solve your problem.
There are a few firmware versions for this box but the main issue (with all these Chinese clones) is finding a firmware that will solve your audio/video issues but also match your boxes WiFi/Bluetooth chip, Stock remote.
This is a common problem most face, you try and upgrade the firmware to find you lose WiFi or your remote functionality.
I have an Aeromedia Nanomax (T95max Clone) that had the same issues as your T9.
Mines was an Allwinner H6 chipset shipped on android 9.
I had to downgrade it to android 7.1.2 Nougat just to solve the audio issues and big time thermal problems.
I'll ask around and see if there's a better rom available for your box if your willing to flash it?
However you're limited to what these crap processors can actually keep up with and actually process, so you may have to think about a better box that will cope with more up-to-date software/apps

Last edited:

Thanks
Cheap chinese android box off the bay is the issue.Do yourself a favour and pick up a fire stick and that will not happen.

Thank you the replies, i must admit i am not familiar with Firesticks, but i do like the idea of Android Boxes, and available software from Google Store. Is the situation the same with regards to apps, for the Firestick. Are there apps available for IPTV, apps like Smarters, XCIPTV, or do they have their own versions. Do Amazon constantly hassle you, with regards to them providing the product. I do hear a lot about firesticks, and i do not have a problem buying one, if it offers the same ease of use, and apps available.

Thanks

Cheap chinese android box off the bay is the issue.Do yourself a favour and pick up a fire stick and that will not happen.

Thank you the replies, i must admit i am not familiar with Firesticks, but i do like the idea of Android Boxes, and available software from Google Store. Is the situation the same with regards to apps, for the Firestick. Are there apps available for IPTV, apps like Smarters, XCIPTV, or do they have their own versions. Do Amazon constantly hassle you, with regards to them providing the product. I do hear a lot about firesticks, and i do not have a problem buying one, if it offers the same ease of use, and apps available.

Thanks
Yeah, android boxes are great, I would take one over a firestick any day of the week, rockchip based devices are crap though.
Android boxes are excellent for storage whereas a firestick limits you to around five gig (fireos uses a chunk of space) then you need to start adding otg to store your apps and unless it's rooted and Debloated will tend to lag and run slow.

If you were thinking of a Firestick then you should go for the 4k Amazon FireTvstick.
No amazon won't hassle you, you can block everything amazon by using a different launcher as opposed to amazon's ad riddled, sponsored apps garbage homescreen.

On the other hand, There are allwinner/amlogic devices out there mate the t95 android 10 is OK with a bit of tweaking will run just as good as more expensive boxes on the market such as the beelink and mi box , just add a custom launcher and change the webview to bromite, install adaway and you'll be alright. If you're willing to spend a bit more a nvidia shield Pro is the ultimate Android TV Experience

Last edited:
I’ve had a couple of Android boxes but ditched them and got 4K fire sticks , there were just constant problems and niggles with the boxes , audio sync being one of the main ones . Never had muffled sound though , is that with the tv speaker or an external one , I had loads of problems with the Hdmi cec thing on one box.Have you tried changing between hardware and software decoding , also try different hdmi cable or just try reseating the cable . Are you going thru an hdmi switch box ... if so try direct to the tv to rule out the switch.

Back