Taking a V6 Tivo box to another property? (Part 2)

TheSource

TK Veteran
Hello guys I have a few questions if anyone can answer them. My friend took an old tivo box to another property and it worked. So because of his success I asked my Uncle for his 2nd V6 box that he doesn't really use to try at my house. I have a active cable line and I'm with BT BB.

So my question is regarding the actual V6 box itself. I haven't connected the box to the internet as I don't really want anything flagging up at vermins end. It's all setup and I'm getting the channels. However I'm just wondering if the EPG will all download solely through the cable? Rather than the internet. Also what exactly can Virmin see at there end if it's solely connected to the cable? To prevent cut off. The V6 doesn't have a modem so that means no updates. Will it be safe to connect to the internet?

Cheers for the help in advance.

Bt internet you say so vermin can't see what your doing.... most properties who cancel there contracts are left active still.
I used my box for months with no service from them with no issues... connect it mate

Bt internet you say so vermin can't see what your doing.... most properties who cancel there contracts are left active still.
I used my box for months with no service from them with no issues... connect it mate

True pal. However I am getting Virmin BB at the end of next month as my BT contract is up I only had to carry the contract with me as I moved property. You still think that may be a issue?

On the other hand I'm not fussed about the on demand as long as the EPG still downloads I'm happy not connecting it? Do Vermin know the line is being used or it's just left active?

From reading on vm forums the v6 does need internet for epg Etc the old boxes had a modem inside v6 needs either Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Just do it mate what can they do lol

From reading on vm forums the v6 does need internet for epg Etc the old boxes had a modem inside v6 needs either Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

Just do it mate what can they do lol

Haha I've got it pretty cushy if it all works. My biggest fear is popping onto a network and it getting flagged :P

It's in VM's T&C's that you're not allowed to do this - they will eventually see this box connected to a different optical node and terminate the account.

As Ste says it'll flag up on their systems especially the new V6, it uses the net for EPG and interactive services but it'll only work on Virgin residential internet, not even their business broadband as i've read on their forums.

I agree. I will return it back to my uncle he's close to 70 and I don't want anyone banging down his door terminating accounts!

Back