Taking the Plunge....

thecake

Hey all, well i've spent the weekend reading up on all this stuff... and kinda think i half understand whats going on..!!
So I currently have a Edison Mini box running openvix and has plex added on which is super for all the movies and box sets.
So i bought this box all set up with a years sub.
But i think i want to move this setup to a bedroom and replace it with a better box build....
And i was thinking of doing it myself...!!>?
So i dont want to spend a absolute fortune but would like something good.
I was looking at the Xtrend 8500 and looks pretty sweet (might be a piece of crap).
I see a lot of people bigging up the Vu Solo's but i had one of them before running blackhole and the fella that build it for me pulled the line after a month and overall i didnt fancy the user experience.
Loving the look of the new sky q skins. my edison is currently running bluehd which i like and my missus is fairly happy with as its easy to use.
So in all if i got a new box running like my current set up id be dead chuffed.
So any help advice or does and donts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers ye tech Geniuses....!

I'm well happy with the Xtrend ET8500. There have been a few issues with tuner drivers but they're all but resolved now.

Cool sound good...
So if i am ordering it whats the best to get it pre flashed with..?
openvix..?
or does it make much difference ..>?

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

Also am i better splashing the extra bucks for a Vu solo 4K or do i need a special setup for that..
at the moment i have 2 lines from sat to back of the edison.

Doesn't make much difference really, it will only be a default image not a pre-made build.
You can flash the multi-bootloader and run 2 different images and just choose which one when you boot.

Yeah think i might just chance ET8500 first and see how i get that up and motoring....
Plus don't have a 4k tv so might be wasting the Vu 4k.
Might put in a order tomorrow and see how i get on after that.
Loads of my buddies are interseted in a box too so if i can get mine purring i might be kept busy.... ill be driving ye guys mad for advice...!

Don't think there are 4k channels for boxes, and if you are running satellite no hd so definitely no 4k

Back