Talismoon whisper max fans loud

steoc

I purchased a set of talismoon whisper max fans and my stock fans were quiet (just trying to avoid rrod) but these are loud and especially loud in game, but aren't they supposed to be quiet? And they are running at 5v by the way.

I purchased a set of talismoon whisper max fans and my stock fans were quiet (just trying to avoid rrod) but these are loud and especially loud in game, but aren't they supposed to be quiet? And they are running at 5v by the way.

because they are 12v & 5v, 12v is for turbo cooling, you need to switch it back to 5 volt.

Last edited:
They were at 5 volt but it turns out the way they were installed they were vibrating and making noise. Made them a bit quieter, I don't have a switch on these fans.

They were at 5 volt but it turns out the way they were installed they were vibrating and making noise. Made them a bit quieter, I don't have a switch on these fans.

ok well thats good, i thought there was a button on the fans to alternate between 5v and 12v no?

ok well thats good, i thought there was a button on the fans to alternate between 5v and 12v no?

I don't think i got the switch on mine but it's quiet until i put in a game and even if I pause the game but still the fans gradually speed up until they are really loud and it sounds like it's about to overheat but it's not that hot and the game's still paused or on the main menu.

Last edited:
I don't think i got the switch on mine but it's quiet until i put in a game and even if I pause the game but still the fans gradually speed up until they are really loud and it sounds like it's about to overheat but it's not that hot and the game's still paused or on the main menu.

the fans adjust to the cpu tempature, so if the cpu is getting hot then the fans will run faster. do you have the fans facing the right way?

the fans adjust to the cpu tempature, so if the cpu is getting hot then the fans will run faster. do you have the fans facing the right way?

yeah the air comes out the back, it's ok in the dashboard but when I go in game they start to get carried away like it's heating up rapidly but the air isn't THAT hot.

well, i could always be a defective fan, but if its running good and its not "that" loud, then i would just be happy you dont have RRROD lol

sometimes you will get a warning. sometimes not. :)

lol no seriously a video of this is being posted to show you (it's ridiculous) lol

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhaRTP2Bok < look at that it starts off when the game is loaded and paused lol now you'll see what i mean by carried away. Ignore background noises (these don't shut up) lol

Last edited:
yea thats too much, did you place the fan shroud back on the cpu to direct the cool air? and where did you buy these? can you post a link?

yea thats too much, did you place the fan shroud back on the cpu to direct the cool air? and where did you buy these? can you post a link?

I bought them off ebay but they didn't include everything just the fans. i put the shroud back on but maybe i have the shroud too tight, will check that, are they louder than normal whisper even from start off?

I bought them off ebay but they didn't include everything just the fans. i put the shroud back on but maybe i have the shroud too tight, will check that, are they louder than normal whisper even from start off?

i think there is a reason why they were on ebay.. oh well if they get the job done, and you can live with it, i wouldnt worry about it

Back