television radio cable box satelite technical repairs

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
hi guys maybe someone can help me out....one of the kids tv combos isnt working the problem is when i go to turn it on the red (standby light) stays on for about 2 seconds goes off and the tv wont power up any ideas?? thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Small capacitor inside. Take it to a repair shop.

The capacitor is only worth about 50p so dont let them rip you off.

I would only pay 20 quid max to get it fixed.

I had same problem with my 32" bush lcd tv.

Mate fixed it at his work for me for 39p.

Small capacitor inside. Take it to a repair shop.

The capacitor is only worth about 50p so dont let them rip you off.

I would only pay 20 quid max to get it fixed.

I had same problem with my 32" bush lcd tv.

Mate fixed it at his work for me for 39p.

thanks for the reply but the tv repair shop that i could bring it to charge 25 euro just for the pleasure of taking it in any repairs etc will just go on top of that, the combo cost me 100 euro if i knew where to look in the tv for the capacitor id change it myself.

Just have a look inside the tv.

You will notice if the capacitor has blown it will be blackened and almost dissapeared.

The board on these things are very fickle.

had a look thru the net today can capacitors still hold a voltage i thought i saw it mentioned somewhere,ill open up the tv shortly and have a look.thanks for the reply cgscott (y)

opened it up geez think id better forget about it and recycle the tv,id prob get charged around 50 euro to get it fixed if im lucky and prob but as new one for about 90 euro.

I had the exact same problem, well pretty much...

Replaced 3 caps and now the TV's working better than ever, if you haven't chucked it yet and have a soldering iron, have a shot a fixing it.. :)

Just look for slightly bulging caps near where the power lead goes in - it might only be a very slight bulge so have a good look.. Some could be leaking also, that's a definite sign of them being history.

And yes caps do hold charges - they're like batteries - so don't touch their metal components.. I learnt the hard way...

thanks for that ill have alook if i dont get electrocuted ill get back to you lol

Back