Telewest connections

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi

i have a old telewest connection in my living room. I was wondering is there a way I could check if it's still live before I buy a combo tuner?

thanks

Hi

i have a old telewest connection in my living room. I was wondering is there a way I could check if it's still live before I buy a combo tuner?

thanks

put it in Ariel socket of TV and do a tune see if it finds anything

Scanning direct to TV ? will that work ? never tried it, only ever used an old VM box.

If it's live you will only get about 5 basic channels, BBC1 , BBC2 , ITV etc

It's not like freesat using a dish.

If you can get them it's live.

Hi

thanks

put it in Ariel socket of TV and do a tune see if it finds anything

You won't pick up DVB-C channels on a DVB-T TV.

Shiv, do you know anyone with any kind of cable receiver that you could borrow to see if the connection is still live?

Apart from that, I don't think there's any way of knowing.

Thanks for the replies guys

i might still have my old eurovox somewhere in the house.

would I be able to test it with a old vm box to see if it picks up any channels?

Thanks for the replies guys

i might still have my old eurovox somewhere in the house.

would I be able to test it with a old vm box to see if it picks up any channels?

Genuine VM or NTL or TW boxes which have previously worked in your area should still pick up the FTA channels.

The problem with genuine boxes is that they won't work if they are used in a different netID area to the one they were supplied to without being JTAGed.

Back