TESCO BAN

Mendi

I was in Tesco few days back. I saw a gentleman rolling up some free newspaper I was watching him. I thought he was stealing. The member of staff at Tesco saw him and reported him. He put back the free paper to speak to the manager. They started getting vile at him and I went over because the Tesco staff were vile to him. What I asked him, I saw him rolling up free newspaper Tesco had printed. He was a homeless person. He said he needed newspaper to sleep on. It really hit me home. I told the store manager what I saw and the homeless person and me find our self banned from the store. Me going over because the staffs thought it was ok for them to treat the person like this. So has Tesco staff and manager got any right in banning us both? The homeless person did not steal anything just put the free papers in his jacket he had no pockets. I thought at first he was mental ill I was proven wrong. All afternoon I was trying to lift the silly ban placed on me but I kept getting different story by each manager of the store. I have complained to the high office who are saying I am not in the wrong but they cant over turn the ban. How can this be sorted out if anything to go by this thanks. I have left messages with the manager of the store so far had no calls. The store manager has not banned me. The staff and security guard were so vile and threats were made at me if I returned back to the store.

True but I am going to sort this out, so does not happen to other person. The manager has to ban you? once its sorted I will not go there again.

did you video it all with your phone?

put it on twitter and tag the ceo etc

I am on the Tesco CCTV. Did not video it. Who is the CEO of Tesco? For official meets or for other important approvals, you can send your request to Tesco CEO Ken Murphy on his Email Address: ken.murphy@uk.tesco.com

Last edited:
@Mendi , how do you know this homeless person has not taken items from the shop before there may have had previous incidents.
I am not saying what Tecso did was rite but you never know. But as for your Ban that is a different thing they are out of order.

As I mentioned before, Tesco are a business and they can choose who they deal with.
They can ban anyone they like and they don't need a reason.
I was going to bring this point up in the Virgin retentions thread a few days ago.
@loncell mentioned that he would cancel and rejoin after 30 days under a new name.
Virgin said 90 days minimum.
They mean it.
They do not 'have to' accept any new customer at any time whether 30, 60 or 90 days have passed.
Tesco aren't obliged to serve anyone they don't want to.
Virgin aren't obliged to provide anyone broadband they don't want to.

@Mendi , how do you know this homeless person has not taken items from the shop before there may have had previous incidents.
I am not saying what Tecso did was rite but you never know. But as for your Ban that is a different thing they are out of order.
I did not do anything wrong and find myself ban.

Just go to Morrisons aldi or asda the person in question may have already been band and pushed his luck.
They could've band you as thought you was with him may have been a simple mistake

I have been told this morning the ban will be lifted after few months. Its is to allow everyone to calm down madness , when i did nothing wrong.

You can request the CCTV if you want it, under data protection rules, they may make a charge for it.

(Subject Access Requests)​

I saw a homeless guy outside my local Teaco Superstore a few week back. As I passed he said Hi, you OK?, I thought strange normally it's "Any change for a cuppa!".
I saw a cup with a few coins in so I got the hint and stuck a quid in it. He thanked me and he then told me he's been watched and he can't ask for money or the steg head security guy near the door will remove him from outside the store for begging.
As for your incident?, as someone previously pointed out you don't know the circumstances as to why the guy was banned. He could be a nuisance, drugs & alcohol who knows.
As said just go elsewhere and stuff em

My ban was lifted in the end. I was going to take them to the court.
Its just not worth it, Write a letter to the CEO, send it Special next Day and request a reply or you'll take it to the press then forget about it,. If they respond (sometimes they do) happy days if not then at least you've got it off your chest. You might get a little £10-£20 voucher

give it to the homeless guy

Back