Testing a car cd/radio

it may depend how easy it is to identify wires, 2 feeds, earth/ground,electric aerial activator, speakers + and -,aerial most places that might repair cd radios can bench test them,buying a second hand radio may have code security.

yes, best and easiest way if you know the +/- is go straight off the battery. if lights come on on the face its working. note many car stereos come with a built in fuse so check its not blown before you try this. hope its some help :)

+1 on both replies, best thing to do is to look up the wiring and just hook it up to your battery + and - Normally you would take the red and yellow wires, splice them together and hook that up to your red battery terminal and take the black ground wire from the headunit and hook that up to your battery black ground and the radio/cd player should come on as long as all the fuses are good.

Check the speaker connections, take a speaker and hook up the + and - from the back of the headunit to a standalone speaker. And thats it. You should have it. I normally check all channels when i bench test headunits, just to be on the safe side.:peace:

if its got an iso block, you can take it into your local halfords they have a test part in the wall (you may have to ask someone its normally behind a panel on their stereo board), thats where i checked mine.

Back