The Box PVR

lee1986

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and i like what i see, was recommended from dooby2oon's site

Hope you guys/Girls can help me, I have The Box PVR but i cant seem to find the firmware for it (its the one u can attach a HDD if u want), would anyone be able to provide me a download link to the latest firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

hi :welcome here: once youve downloaded the firmware let us know how you got on.

youll get lots of great info and help on here

Thanks Guys Got the firmware, i have The box (starview 2 ) also, i update it with no problem, could you guys tell me where to find the EMU on the PVR, I've went to parental controls and pressed i + 2007 cand find EMU, is auto update the EMU by any chance?

"info scrambled or bad channel" (t1)

Thanks for you help guys.

Lee

Go to parental control in receiver menu

press ( i or info button) + (2007)

Turn auto update on & go to a scrambled channel & let it update.

done that with no luck sadly, as i said i kinda know what im doing but this ba*tard wont load the channels, just says scrambled or bad channel :S

Any ideas?

Try a factory reset, then rescan & see if this helps.

Make sure you turn the emu back on ;)

Last edited:
Lee are you in UK or Eire

plus how long did you give it to update and have you tried different channels

some say sly spts 1 or 2 , some say sat spts and others say any discovery channel, so might be an idea to try different ones and leave it for about 20 mins to see what happens. I think i was also told to try an aisian channel as those are subs channels, so any sub channel might work depending on your box or even area as to how long it takes.

Last edited:
Lee as well as turning on the EMU in the secret menu there is also an option in the Normal Menu you have to turn on. I think it says 'Use Key' and needs to be turned on also.

Back