The end of old sky boxes

Dare i ask why as would think if sd channels go in UK how can they stream that channel to ROI ?
The SD channels use a European satellite and they stopped supplying the UK because of Brexit 🤣

The Sky Sports channels have 2 channels/frequencies for each, a U.K. version and an ROI version. So you’ll see different adverts etc

The SD channels use a European satellite and they stopped supplying the UK because of Brexit 🤣

The Sky Sports channels have 2 channels/frequencies for each, a U.K. version and an ROI version. So you’ll see different adverts etc
I did when i saw it 20 years ago so dont miss it anymore or their high bill

sd is there for pure cost, hd is 10 euro a month extra9COULD BE MORE NOW0 and I know quite a few people who pay sky over a 100pm but wont pay the extra for hd. they have phone/bb/sat

SD should be fine for channels like Gold given that their shows are from the 80s. Unless there’s 4K HDR remastered versions of Only Fools and Horses out there that I don’t know about lol.

why woud you want sd?
I don't often as I've got full package VM and a Viark Sat 4K both with HD but was just having a play with my Gigablue Quad 4K last night and began watching The Office.

I'm a bit old fashioned though as given the choice, still prefer the stability of watching SD on satellite for regular TV shows to IPTV.

Last edited:
Back