Linux The Gateway to Linux for Windows Users

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just curious if any of our users have tried this OS?

Zorin OS 6

zorin-os-screenshot.png

Multi-functional

Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system designed specifically for Windows users who want to have easy and smooth access to Linux. It is based on Ubuntu which is the most popular Linux operating system in the world.

Code:
http://zorin-os.com/index.html

-

I have tried a whole multitude of other distros, but this is the first I have heard of this one. May give it a look.

wouldnt finish installing on my comp.pretty sure ive missed something tho.ideally i would like to install it on my second hard drive.

update g,im on it right now.very user friendly so far.had to drop chrome and install firefox.some things i cant change.lol

aldan it does say to use firefox for the dl as other browsers are giving probs i dl it yesterday using ff and it was no prob

no i mean i used ff as my browser in zorin rather than chrome.hit a snag tho.i can only run the os live.the install stops after files are loaded and does nothing.wont finalize the install.i have two 500gb sata drives.id like one with my windows 7 and the other with zorin.im gonna keep trying but any ideas are appreciated.cheers.

Gman there is no problem in having the two (Win 7 and Zorin or another Linux Distro) Just allow the Linux Distro to begin install, it will get to a point when it asks where you want to install Zorin i.e beside Windows on same disk etc look to the bottom of List and it will say something to the similar to other configuration, then it will com to a screen with all of your Discs shown; if you only have two then one will be marked as Win 7 May be sda1, NTFS (which is the file system) or similar and the other will be the disc that you want to install to, if it asks what file system you want for Zorin look for ext4. After you have installed Linux will have installed a new boot screen giving you the opportunity to choose to boot Win 7 or Zorin. The Ubuntu Forums are also a good place to ask for help or advice. Good Luck. I have been using various Linux Distros for years and although there is a learning curve, it is worth while and it is a great system and for FREE. Steve

Back