there will be limits on how many times you can go to the tip

Joe516

VIP Member
It is an absolute joke

New rules which mean you're only allowed to use the tip on average once a week are set to be introduced across Greater Manchester next year.

And if you're a van driver, you'll only be able to go once a month.

Automatic number plate recognition cameras will be used to log drivers' details and keep track of how many visits people have made.
From February, there will be limits on how many times you can go to the tip

Last edited:
It will end up leading to more people fly tipping, I dont see the need for these new laws, complete rubbish, pardon the pun.

100% right where I live in Manchester I'm allowed 2 items at a year to be picked up and the rest has to go to the tip

Some councils charge you to tip and check your address ...crazy , just let people tip their shit otherwise it costs more to clear up the fly tipping

Where i live most people open there back gate and throw it out into the back streets,Have even seen it all thrown into the kids park.Beds,Couches Bin bags,Then the Gypos see it and ad there shit to it.Then the council come round and do a clear up once a month.

Where i live most people open there back gate and throw it out into the back streets,Have even seen it all thrown into the kids park.Beds,Couches Bin bags,Then the Gypos see it and ad there shit to it.Then the council come round and do a clear up once a month.

That’s bloody awful.

Rang the council to ask for a barrier to be put up to stop cars and vans driveing into the backs,So only residents can access it with a key,There are a couple of theses on a few of the backs on the estate.They said there is no funds for it.They must of spent a fortune on the last clean up, i swear a gypo had done a house clearance and fly tipped the lot in there.

Tbh if all the trades men didn't use the public tips to dispose of waste materials ect instead of going to to other places things might have been different but it's the public that has to suffer like per usual lol

Do you not need to be registered to get rid of your business waste as we have 2 big bins general waste and recyclable goods.
+ my partner with a van,jeep and trailor can get rid of oil drums full of scrap metal and batteries which give him a nice added bonus.

Back