Thinking about upgrading from Fire Stick to Zgemma Box

Zeid

Hi all. I currently use a fire stick for my IPTV requirements. The issue I have with it is that you can't really record as there is only 8GB max storage, which is barely enough for a couple of shows. I am wondering if a Zgemma box allows you to either install a HDD internally, or connect a USB drive to it. Also, when setting up IPTV on the Zgemma, is it as simple as on the fire stick? You basically install the software, enter login details from provider and that's it. Do you need to jailbreak a Zgemma to install apps or is it usually ready to go out of the box?

Recording IPTV wont be reliable on either Firestick or Zgemma.

The H9.2 twin and the H7 have internal HDD options. But any of the others will record to USB some to SD card.

The Zgemma is a Enigma 2 box no jail break needed just the right pluign Jedimakerextrem, extremity, XE etc.

Hi all. I currently use a fire stick for my IPTV requirements. The issue I have with it is that you can't really record as there is only 8GB max storage, which is barely enough for a couple of shows. I am wondering if a Zgemma box allows you to either install a HDD internally, or connect a USB drive to it. Also, when setting up IPTV on the Zgemma, is it as simple as on the fire stick? You basically install the software, enter login details from provider and that's it. Do you need to jailbreak a Zgemma to install apps or is it usually ready to go out of the box?
You can record if your provider allows it, connect a Micro USB Lan adapter (like the one in the link below) and add either a USB stick or USB Hard Drive and record away:

https://amzn.to/3EDLnMe

£12 has to be cheaper than forking out for a New Zgemma, unless of course that is the way that you would prefer to go

You can setup a usb with the firestick for recording.
I've never done it but I've read about it on this forum.
Zgemma isn't an upgrade from a firestick it's a downgrade

You can setup a usb with the firestick for recording.
I've never done it but I've read about it on this forum.
Zgemma isn't an upgrade from a firestick it's a downgrade
I have setup a firestick to record as I mentioned above and with the right IPTV subscriptions and the device setup right it works well. I have not used a Firestick in a few years, but I currently record in much the same way with my Shield but using an SSD, which I suppose in a round about way a USB stick is an SSD too.....shoot me if I am wrong :laughing: I too agree with @pabloescaban I believe it is a backwards move, unless of course Zgemma and Linux is your thing, I used Zgemma and sometimes found them so complicated and involved (don't get me wrong, I like a challenge and enjoyed, shall we say 'fiddling' with them, oh and totally messing them up! But once I changed to a Firestick everything (for me anyway) was far more easier to understand and more straight forward. But hey each to their own. Sorry :grimacing: @grog68 @Willo3092, and is wooshman still around?

Or if you really want to go down enigma route there are quite a few better ones.

There is a well known site where you can look at various enigma boxes. But as far as I know I'll can't mention publicly

Or if you really want to go down enigma route there are quite a few better ones.

There is a well known site where you can look at various enigma boxes. But as far as I know I'll can't mention publicly
Google?
More than enough info on that for anyone, sending people to another forum isn't really necessary

Well yes it is. I was talking about where he could buy better enigma boxes than zgemma. But the website is the same

Well yes it is. I was talking about where he could buy better enigma boxes than zgemma. But the website is the same
So you could have just said 'Google other boxes'.
Not really necessary to say "there is a well known site that I'm not allowed to mention"
No need whatsoever

So you could have just said 'Google other boxes'.
Not really necessary to say "there is a well known site that I'm not allowed to mention"
No need whatsoever
Dosent really matter in the big scheme of things mate. I do in case they come back and ask the name of the website.

What about one of these m8....very good boxes

Available - Formuler z8

If your thinking of going down the zgemma route just for iptv then I wouldn’t bother you can set your firestick up to record via a cable and usb stick.
If you want an android box that will record have a look at the formuler range like a cc or the z11 z10 I wouldn’t go for a z8 although solid box there is no more updates for them or take a look at kuul media (forum sponsor) as the vid stick you can add add card for recording also.
Like most things it all depends on budget

Good info guys. It has given me a lot to think about. The Zgemma H7S costs significantly more than the fire stick. I would have thought that would be a substantial upgrade over the fire stick. Would you guys say it isn't?

Good info guys. It has given me a lot to think about. The Zgemma H7S costs significantly more than the fire stick. I would have thought that would be a substantial upgrade over the fire stick. Would you guys say it isn't?

It depends upon whether you use standard terrestrial or satellite services as well imho.
Personally I would much rather use a box that deals with everything rather than having to use a different device to watch IPTV.

It used to be hit and miss using IPTV on Enigma2 boxes but it's so much better now if you have a decent service and recording IPTV is as seamless as recording satellite.
I have got a firestick but only use it occasionally.

Does not matter significantly, what is important is your provider, with out doesn't matter what device you choose..

If you are just after an IPTV system then the Firestick is fine. If you are after more like a media centre then a ZGemma 9 or 7 is a far better option.

I have a VU Ultimo 4K, a ZGemma 7C and a Firestick 4k Max. The Firestick is definitely only a backup because the others are complete media centres.
On my VU and ZGemma, I have many hundreds of audio albums and very many downloaded films and tv series from around the world. If I want to watch Sat or terrestrial or cable tv then is there as well.

If you are interested in playing with Enigma2 software then the ZGemma 7 is ideal because it has 4 separate hardware boot images and you can play to your hearts content

All without leaving my armchair

In addition recording on E2 allows series linking, so no unlike andoid devices having to remember to set record timer every week/day etc

Back