Thinking of Getting IPTV

tdvguy

Hi,

I used to have a $ly subscription, but I cancelled it after the loss of many channels. I'm mainly interested in a package with sports, british and international, with ppv and catch up. I have an android box and I know that I can install an stb emulator, but the rest of my family aren't tech savvy, they just want to have something as simple as possible lol.

In that case, which box would you guys recommend purely for iptv? Also, I read elsewhere that people can have issues with the motion on hd sports channels, is this due to the boxes or the sources? If it's the latter then I'd rather stick to sd.

If they are not technical and want something simple then I would get a Firestick. Cheap, simple to use and simple to setup.

Problem with HD, that's a source problem generally.

They're used to the satellite setup of turning the device on and going straight to the channels. Would something like a mag box suit them better?

If it's a problem with the sources, do people offer solid sd packages instead? I don't want to pay for something I won't use.

The stb emulator android app is pretty good.I have it on an Openbox VX with only 1gb ram and it runs spot on.Obviously a good provider makes a lot of difference

They're used to the satellite setup of turning the device on and going straight to the channels. Would something like a mag box suit them better?

If it's a problem with the sources, do people offer solid sd packages instead? I don't want to pay for something I won't use.

With all the threats of mag boxes being blocked I wouldn't personally bother, but who knows if there is any truth in this.

Get a decent provider, for example, mine has their own app and it auto loads when my son's Firestick switches on.

I'm not aware of anyone just doing SD, but I could be wrong. Every supplier will have the odd blip, if they claim not to then they are talking out of their rear end....even with SD.

Pretty much any Android IPTV app can be set to auto-load. Like @bazcfc1 has said, use IPTV Smarters Pro, that's what my provider's app is based on, there is an option in settings to auto-load, it's nothing to do with the provider.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently trying various suppliers, they all seem similar. Is a backup required or am I good to go with one reliable provider?

Sorry to keep bothering you guys, but my stb emulator won't start automatically when the device launches, despite the fact that I've set it to do so. It's installed on the internal drive. Any ideas?

Back