Tidying up listings on Skybox F3...

Afternoon,

I recently purchased a Skybox F3 from a trusted source. It came with a "gift" and works perfectly.

However, the listings are a complete riot and I have to scroll through them for several minutes each time I am trying to find the Show/Film/Game I wish to watch.

I have read on here that there is a list available (I believe from a user named AJ?) so I had a few questions...

If I download this list and upload to my box - what will happen to my "gift" and my ability to view those channels?

How vast is the list? If it has no affect on "gift" will I be able to watch all channels I currently have? (I have every channel I can think of...including Sky 3D)

And finally...If the answers to the above questions are yes...how easy it to carry out and were can i find AJ's list?

Cheers in advance for any asnwers.

GBP :peace:

If you can make a backup of your gift before updating, normally updating a channel list shouldn't affect your gift but I have heard of cases where the box needed reflashing after channel list update if you have to reflash firmware that is where you lose the gift.

On your remote press menu then 6666 or 8888 then network to reveal secret menu (if it is not password protected).
You can then save to usb or write down the details of your gift.

Good luck.

p.s gift might start like this c: or n:

Before you mess with anything, try this first.

Press ok on your remote,

Favourites - (Red Buttom) Group

It should split your list into sports, films, HD etc

The 6666 and 8888 doesn't seem to work. When you say Network, I already have that option could the details be in there?

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

Before you mess with anything, try this first.

Press ok on your remote,

Favourites - (Red Buttom) Group

It should split your list into sports, films, HD etc

Thanks Bees. I should have maybe mentioned that that does work yes. But when I do that most of the channels are scrambled. I have to bring up 'All Sat' and search for duplicates. They are all there and working, just a pain in the arse to find.

Put on AJ's list then, it shouldn't effect your gift.

Download
AJ's latest list here

I will knock up a tut and post a link, give me 10 mins.

I agree with mahrkpat. I would still make a backup of your firmware & cccam file before adding a channel list. It only takes a few seconds & unless your seller gave you details of your cline, then you currently have no backup if anything goes wrong.

I have never had problems myself, but there have been many posts on here where simply adding a channel list has bricked the box.

Insert memory stick. In the menu, select "Tools". Select "Dump by USB". Select "3601HD_Backup.abs (image)". Press green button to tick it, then yellow to dump to USB stick. Press "info" button when done to check that image was dumped OK.

To dump your Cline, select "misc files" in "Dump mode". In the "select & dump" option, select "CCcam.cfg". Press green, then yellow. Press "info" when finished to confirm that the dump was OK.

i think the only time a box will brick by adding a channel list is if it is a clone.

Back