Time to Upgrade - Recommendations Please

Openboxcy

Hi,

I have been running a Zgemma H2S for years now, using both freesat/freeview, and IPTV.

Its only just (can't believe it) started to run slow, getting pixelating etc. I have an Android box and don't get any issues so presuming the Zgemma has had it basically.

I'm wondering what everyone would recommend I replace this with from the Zgemma range? I like the H2S for the Sly skins, clock on the front and general set up. The pause/rewind etc is something I sometimes use, but not majorly bothered about. Usually have an ethernet cable connected.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Zgemma h7s is a good strong box with plenty of power to run things.

Sometimes reflashing old images to newer ones can make box run better and if overloaded can slow it down.

Others might advise better when you mention what image version is running on your box.

I would reflash with latest open atv then put infinity on.
Or just have a bare bones image like open atv 6.4 and just install the plugins and skins you want, possibly try grog free range on your box more updated then infinity

Thanks for the reply guys. I've thought about a basic 'bare bones' type install on this box before. It may be worth a shot.

A few questions, I like having the Sly Q skin, and need XE on the box. What would be the best install for performance on my box, and can an idiots install guide be provided? I've installed WB for years following instructions so if a guide is out there for a new install I think I'd manage.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply guys. I've thought about a basic 'bare bones' type install on this box before. It may be worth a shot.

A few questions, I like having the Sly Q skin, and need XE on the box. What would be the best install for performance on my box, and can an idiots install guide be provided? I've installed WB for years following instructions so if a guide is out there for a new install I think I'd manage.

Thanks again.
Go to Resources at the top of this page.
Click on Grogbuild freerange, full instructions there.
Takes about 25 minutes

Hi,

I have been running a Zgemma H2S for years now, using both freesat/freeview, and IPTV.

Its only just (can't believe it) started to run slow, getting pixelating etc.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Cheers.

In my opinion the H2S has had it's day, not really fast/powerful enough to run IPTV well.
I have got rid of mine ( well, banished to the bedroom) and my family's 4 H2S's and have replaced them with H7S's.

Couldn't be happier with the H7S, the option for allowing duel builds and the third terrestrial tuner is very useful.
The difference between the two boxes is like chalk and cheese, as they say.

Back