To buy box with 12 month "gift" or buy box then subscribe monthly - pros and cons ??

Hi

I've read a few posts regarding some users on Ebay scamming quite a few users with "gift" subscriptions - I assume the gift runs out after a few months and then its difficult to get the Ebayer to put you on a new provider (?)
I've only just recently found out about these boxes and what they can do and I'm obviously extremely interested to say the least!

Because of the threads regarding scammers, I'm wondering if its best to buy the box outright from say Amazon for £50/£60 then try and find a provider or is it best for a newbie to buy the box with 12 months gift subscription (ie plug and play). I'm quite computer savvy so putting files and firmware on the box shouldn't be problem - if I follow the instructions to the letter!

Please give me the pros and cons for buying outright then subscribe to buying the "gift" subsciption with box.

Can someone point me in the right direction of a good provider or even a seller of the box outright as I know their are fakes being sold too.

Many thanks.
Chris

hi,
never buy gift from ebay unless you like scrambled channels after 1 month also it is best to buy skybox f5s genuine always look for genuine, some sellers state original they can be clones to.
i will send you a link to a website u can get a good server from u will have to log in.

hi,
never buy gift from ebay unless you like scrambled channels after 1 month also it is best to buy skybox f5s genuine always look for genuine, some sellers state original they can be clones to.
i will send you a link to a website u can get a good server from u will have to log in.

Thanks for that info.

The guy I've been in touch with on Ebay seems very genuine with lots of purchases of the box since July and 100% feedback - sold well over 2000 items too.

He's informed me that he's got loads of "clients" and the 12 month gift WOULD last 12 months.

However, I think I've read too many threads regarding providers being closed etc. to worry me.

Therefore I think I've nearly made the decision to buy the box then add the monthly subscription.

My last question would be: It's a toss up between the SkyBox F5s or the OpenBox X5. From the Specs the OpenBox looks better - Which is better? any views please.

Cheers again.

hello please could some pm me when to find a good sever for a skybox f5, I bought one off ebay but it went ouf after a few weeks!!

..My last question would be: It's a toss up between the SkyBox F5s or the OpenBox X5. From the Specs the OpenBox looks better - Which is better? any views please...

Bear in mind that the X5 doesn't use the same channel list as most of the other Openboxes/Skyboxes. So a .dbs channel list (such as that provided by AJ) won't work on an X5.

For server suggestions, there is a thread here:-

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...nyone-recommend-good-cccam-pay-server-71.html

Back