Torrents and VPN

channelking

Hi guys

Been few years since used torrents. Was thinking of using again as have VPN.

Don't really trust public trackers as have a few private trackers accounts which use seems safer.

Question is those who use VPN with torrents Do you lose a big chunk of speed as I have done speed test and lost just over 50mb?

Also how do those seed literally 100s of GBs as my upload speed us crap and with private trackers need to seed otherwise they will boot you off the tracker?

Hesitant on using torrents due to slow seeding issues.

Seed to a value of 1
Or leave the d/load live for a couple of days.. for others to leach. My average d/load speed on IP torrent is about 8mb
Upload @ 6mb. Using a vpn. Using ip torrent in configuration settings trying different port settings helped.

Then don’t use torrents
It’s 2019, others ways to download these days and they don’t need vpns
And you don’t need to seed

Then don’t use torrents
It’s 2019, others ways to download these days and they don’t need vpns
And you don’t need to seed

Yes I know of other download methods like file hosts and multi hosts.

Just asking for advice no need to be patronising.

Yes you do need VPN with torrents unless you want letters/emails from your ISPs downloading torrents without VPN which is what happened to me last year. On small ISPs may not need VPN with torrents but the big ISPs you do. So not sure what you even mean here unless you want to have constant threats from ISPs.

I have seen on other places people using seedboxes with private trackers and thats how some seeds huge amounts.

Are seedboxes worth it as on private trackers you HAVE to seed otherwise you get banned? Public trackers dont matter as much.

Back