Tough Decisions For Brown

noelyf

VIP Member
hull_city.png

Tough Decisions Ahead Of Wigan Clash
Posted on: Fri 02 Oct 2009

Phil Brown says he has some tough decisions to make as he prepares his side to take on Wigan Athletic this weekend.

Last weekend's 6-1 defeat at Liverpool has meant a difficult week in training for the Tigers and the spotlight will certainly be on City's performance this weekend.

"There's some tough decisions going to have to be made with regards to team selection, there's no doubt about that," said Brown.

"There's some tough decisions going to have to be made with regards to the way we play as well.

"I saw Wigan play Chelsea last week and they equipped themselves very well against a very good team. Wigan will be coming to the KC Stadium with a new-found confidence and a belief that they can get the points.

"There's been a lot of talk about our next six games and four of them are at home. But that means nothing if you don't win the first one, so we're not looking any further ahead than Wigan.

"We've made a slow start this season and confidence is not at a premium at the moment. The support that we're getting is not at a premium at the moment, but it's a two-way street and we understand that.

"Any success we've had in the last two-and-a-half years has been based on clean sheets and a clean sheet mentality. I think that has gone out of the window (recently).

"Wigan boast a decent front line that scored three goals against Chelsea last weekend. It's not just going to be about our back four and the goalkeeper (on Saturday), it's about the people in front of them as well.

"If we can get back to having ten or eleven defenders when we haven't got the ball, that is the kind of discipline I'm after."

Back