Transfer S8 apps and data to new Huawei mobile.

1vincent

Hello.

This week i will be getting a new Huawei Mate 20 Pro and it will be replacing my current Samsung 8.

Can somebody give advice on if it is possible to transfer apps, contacts, sms's and photo's over to the Mate 20 Pro.

I have looked at the Huawei website and there is an app that says it can do all this but the reviews were mixed on the results.

I know you can back up your mobile to Google account but i am was not sure if you can then restore to a new make and model afterwards.

In the past i have had 3 Samsung models and i used the Samsung software to swap nearly everything over from old mobile to the new one.

Thanks for looking.

See if you can download phone clone on your s8 as the huwaii phones have phone clone on them which basically clones your old phone to your new phone for sms pictures contacts music videos apps ect it just replicates all your old stuff to your new phone I use it when I upgraded from p20 Pro to p30 phone a lot easier then using Bluetooth as does it all for you

Will Google not transfer all that handy enough when you sign in to your new phone

I went from a nexus 5x to umidigi with out any problems

See if you can download phone clone on your s8 as the huwaii phones have phone clone on them which basically clones your old phone to your new phone for sms pictures contacts music videos apps ect it just replicates all your old stuff to your new phone I use it when I upgraded from p20 Pro to p30 phone a lot easier then using Bluetooth as does it all for you

I had a look on Huawei's website about phone clone and then went to google play and looked at the reviews and they were mixed. A lot of useres were saying that the photo's and clips were time stamped wrong so items from say a year ago were time stamped on the day you cloned the mobile. Not a major issue for me but something i would have to put up with.

As for google transfering all my stuff over to the new mobile when i sign in i am not sure how it works if you have 2 devices logged into the same account but it's something i will have to look into.

I had a look on Huawei's website about phone clone and then went to google play and looked at the reviews and they were mixed. A lot of useres were saying that the photo's and clips were time stamped wrong so items from say a year ago were time stamped on the day you cloned the mobile. Not a major issue for me but something i would have to put up with.

As for google transfering all my stuff over to the new mobile when i sign in i am not sure how it works if you have 2 devices logged into the same account but it's something i will have to look into.
I've never had a problem using it mate they will always be mixed reviews on anything mate

An update on my issue.

I got the phone yesterday and put Phone Clone onto the S8 and started the app and after about 8 mins it was all completed and the only stuff that was not transfered was 3 Samsung apps whick i think were to do with the S8 anyway.

The 1 issue i have is that on the S8 i used an app called Advanced Task Killer Free but on the Mate 20 Pro the app is there but when i open it hit the boost(kill) button no apps that need stopping show up. I had a look on Google Play but i have not seen anything simular to the app i use now.

Has anybody got any suggestions on a suitable app to replace the one i use now.

I am very impressed with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro so far but i am still trying to get it set up to my liking.

You mean this one mate try force stopping the app and re opening it I had a simular problem with music player on my p20 Pro that it just wouldn't work I'm using huwaii p30 now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190814_083931_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20190814_083931_com.android.vending.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 3
Yes that's the one Baz.

I removed it and then installed it again but had the same issue.

I will try your tip to see if that works.

It was a great app when it worked.

Back