Transferring Settings Fom 2S to H2S

systemlord

TK Veteran
So my mate has got a 2S which is running the MTpockets OpenATV 4.2 and he's finally got it set up how he likes. He's getting his missus an H2S which comes ready with OpenATV 5.1 and she wants all the settings to be just like his box. So, can I just do a backup of his settings and transfer them on to the H2S or would there be compatibility problems, since they are different models running different versions of ATV. I could just give it a go and see, but I'd like to know people's thoughts. Thanks.

If you or just doing a backup then it should work. a Full image then probably not as it will have different drivers to install.

I'd say avoid as usually only extra 10/15 mins setup and I know even just going up to certain versions on vix as example they recommend a clean install or sofa upgrade rather than settings or backup restore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think theres a couple of complete pre prepared h2s images you could use? often referred to as back up images !!! I did mine from scratch - you only need openATV5.1 , a decent skin, bouquets maker, softcam manager , a cam and your line - you can then add plug ins if you want.

I used openwebif to delete/amend bouquets

Your quite right MisterB.... systemlord have a look at Kiddacs Guinea Pigs guide and it goes through it all step by step. I haven't tried backing up the settings but it should work fine.... It would be pretty hard to make it identical and I know how my mrs grumbles at the slightest change!!

You can back up channels and such if you like. But underlying drivers are different so you want just dump one to other

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

to be honest, most people wont even know what the operating system is, whether it be openATV or vix. you only ever see the skin anyway and the add ons/extensions. that's the bit his missus will see and 'interact' with.

if you want to play and get self satisfaction, try doing it from scratch and using kiddacs step by step if you need your hand holding. by far the easiest way and prob quickest would be to use a pre prepared image like sucmnsees - but make sure its for the correct receiver !

Back