trouble with openbox V8s please help!!

Hi guys,

I have just bought a n openbox V8s and a gift for 12 months seperate.
I have connected my box,my sky disk cable and input the relevant gift information on the cccam network settings fields
I have scanned for channels on sky UK 28A numerous times and all that the scans find are foreign channels , MTV, bt sport and a few other FTA channels.
it will not find any sky channels!! eg sky movies/sports/sky 1 etc
I have tried deleting my channel lists and downloading them installing them via USB.
So when i have my full channel list from USB, sky sports 1for example just ways " no signal" with the green scrambled icon at the bottom of the info screen.n.
i am tired of trying to sort my box out now i just need someone to help sort it for me!!

if anyone can help it woud be great!!

thanks in advance

tuart

Have you checked that the gift states "online"
Menu-network settings-camds set up-cccam (mgcamd)-manage config-cccam.cfg files and line should state online with a tick ?

Last edited:
Check satellite settings make sure only no 15 sky uk 28.2 E has a tick against it ?

Where from ?
Important to reformat flash drive first.
Download the list from here by CDUB74 dated 17/12/15 and located in the sticky section in skybox forum.
Should only be a TP_PROG.dbs file only.

Last edited:
Satellite section---then skybox section---then skybox channel list started by CDUB74 (its a sticky) then blog dated 17/12/15 by him and download

ok found it and downloaded it but cant unzip the zip file in zinzip it says its not a valid archive
arghh :(
do u have a copy u can email to me?

pm me your email addy and I will send it

You need to send a private message not hit the PM button ?
Nothing has come through ?
Sent email with the file.

Last edited:
Once you have upgraded by USB everything should be in an organised channel list just press favs after a reboot and all will be revealed ?
Hopefully ?

I would delete old 1 then press menu , upgrade by USB change image abs by pressing right to Misc press ok select TP prog green to add yellow to upgrade box will then burnflash wait till finished box will reboot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok new list installed but when i go to sky 1 or sky sports 1 it says no signal

not sure if i need to do anything else

arghh :(

Are you getting any of the subscription channels ?
Has any other box been used on the dish and did it all work ok ?
What signal strength and quality do you get in sky 1

Last edited:
Back