TS Stutter on E2 but VLC is fine

Boskowski

I have a stutter on some of my .ts streams on some channels, on others I dont.

I run a zgemma with openatv 6.2 and my iptv is embedded into the standard tv setup/bouquts.
And like I said there is a stutter, like little hiccup every second or two on about half my streams. Doesnt seem to be an sd vs hd stream thing. Some channels are fine on hd some are not on sd and vice versa.

If some channels work and others dont from the same provider one might be quick to blame the sub but when I use the url from the bouquet file and play it manually in VLC on the laptop everything is fine.

So I wonder is there a way change the default tv player in e2? Or configure it? Like play with buffers or such?

cheers

I know about service app btw. But that does nothing for me. I'm not sure it actually works. Changing the player there doesnt seem to make any difference and half the time it just crashes when in service app config screen.

I seem to be having the same issue as you are describing at the minute on my H9S box. It’s almost as if it’s in slow motion for a split moment, once a second. I’ve tried serviceapp, experimented with refresh rates, tried different ways to load the service onto the box, but still no luck! Makes it unwatchable on certain channels. Same channel will play fine though via a different device.

Thinking about it, this problem has raised its head for me since I have changed provider.
Just strange that the same channel will play fine via STB emu or smarters.
Must be some issue with the stream conflicting with the E2 box in some way.
It’s just a shame because eveything thing else is fine, and the support is very good, but just can’t find a solution yet to fix this issue on certain channels!

E2 boxes are underpowered for high frame rate HD channels. serviceapp most definitely helps in most cases.

service app crashing on the settings screen will likely be down to GS player not being installed and when you land on that option it causes a blue screen

when changing the service to exte3player do so by pressing right once. to go back to standard player from exte3 press left once.

it has three options : standard / exte3player /gsteplayer.

you most likely dont have gsteplayer installed and when you try to land on it it crashes the box.

if you are having problems on non HD, esp on UK non HD then there might be some other problem.

With me it was just a glitch, probably HDMI related. Power all your stuff down. TV, AV Receiver, STB, everything. Reconnect all HDMI cables. If you have an AV receiver try connecting directly to the telly. Then try again.

Edit: I have seen this several times being said, that zgemma/enigma2 boxes are not up to it. I don't find that to be true. They may not have abundance of power, but they certainly have more than enough.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice Boskowski.
Has this issue gone completely for you now?

Iv tried that a few times now, and have even tried on different TV's but still no luck!
Starting to think its a hardware issue for me.

I have a Zgemma H.2S box and i don't have this issue when set up with the same provider.

Sorry if thats no help to you, but yes the issue is completely gone for me, hasn't reappeared at all. And I have an H2S too running OpenATV 6.2. And I'm not using serviceapp and alternative players either. Just works fine now.

Back