tune failed error.

cactikid

VIP Member
it seems sky have moved channels again with new fecs,boxes may want abm scan rerun and or a new scan on 28.2

What's the difference between ABM and a full automatic scan? Becuase I tried to use abm to rescan but I kept on getting errors and the scan wouldn't work. So I had to do a full automatic scan to get my missing channels back. (Currently on openvix, vu duo)

Sorry if's a question to an obvious answer but, roughly, how often do sky tend to 'move channels' and what are 'fecs'? .....and which boxes/images does this effect. Still relatively new to this I'm afraid....cheers.

abm should work if you set it up for your location,scan might take say 3 minutes,a full automatic scan takes ages and will end up multiple channel names say itv could be listed 10 times.
...............................................................................................................
sky are always moving channels and if you have the bible bookmarked on pc you can check how often things change.
Code:
http://en.kingofsat.net/tv-28.2E.php
loads have moved looking at the red sections.

abm should work if you set it up for your location,scan might take say 3 minutes,a full automatic scan takes ages and will end up multiple channel names say itv could be listed 10 times.
...............................................................................................................
sky are always moving channels and if you have the bible bookmarked on pc you can check how often things change.
Code:
http://en.kingofsat.net/tv-28.2E.php
loads have moved looking at the red sections.

Ok because I have had ABM setup and have never had a problem. But yesterday it was not picking up any of the channels which changed frequency (sky sports ones). I ran the ABM scan after I ran the full automatic scan but in the log I'm still getting errors, it appears with TUNING then FAILED. So I'm still not sure what's wrong.:willy nilly:

---------- Post Merged at 08:19 AM ----------

Doesn't ABM move channels to new frequencies automatically as well as adding new channels?
This is what I thought, but I don't know what's happened recently as none of my boxes or my mates ones picked up the channel updates.

Seems like an error yesterday. All boxs today apparently ok. So last nights scan must have worked (for my lot).

Seems like an error yesterday. All boxs today apparently ok. So last nights scan must have worked (for my lot).
That's interesting becuase when I checked the abm log this morning, the log showed that it tuned and then failed. So I still don't know what is going on. My abm scan runs at 4:45 every morning.

i reran an abm yesterday morning and it fixed it straight away,you might have to exit out and retry again.,yes number of people mentioned having issues.

i reran an abm yesterday morning and it fixed it straight away,you might have to exit out and retry again.,yes number of people mentioned having issues.

I ran ABM this morning too via the menu, it scans sky UK but I think it is having issues with freesat. I saw something on Openvix about it, something to do with copying some file to a certain directory. I'll have to try it out, not sure why we have to do this as everything was working well for me before.

dude I dont have a combi just twin sat. But seems to be maybe you should try

Menu
setup
system
customise
change alternative services tuner priority to:
DVBS-T/-S/-C?

Im guessing you should change preferred tuner to the terrestrial one as well
and preferred for recordings to auto

But like I say guessing. Just noriced the vm/ sat combi guys having similar prob. Must be a update in abm or provider or sumtin

dude I dont have a combi just twin sat. But seems to be maybe you should try

Menu
setup
system
customise
change alternative services tuner priority to:
DVBS-T/-S/-C?

Im guessing you should change preferred tuner to the terrestrial one as well
and preferred for recordings to auto

But like I say guessing. Just noriced the vm/ sat combi guys having similar prob. Must be a update in abm or provider or sumtin

I also have a twin sat box, no cable mate.

Today the sky movie channels also changed frequency and I got the tune failed error on those channels. Had to do another automatic scan, ABM didn't pick them up again.
The fix file on openvix is only for freesat (free to view) channels, nothing to do with the sky ones.

can anyone please help me for some reason I cannot seem to get sky movies or sport,i have tried to re scan abm but still no joy,.im am quite new to this box the vu+duo and don't really know what to do,please help,thank you

can anyone please help me for some reason I cannot seem to get sky movies or sport,i have tried to re scan abm but still no joy,.im am quite new to this box the vu+duo and don't really know what to do,please help,thank you

If ita on vix its:
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Automatic scan

thanks for the advice I have tried this and im still not getting movies hd or sport hd just a blank screen,i have been away for a few weeks so don't know if there has been some issues with hd at all,all help would be greatly appreciated,thanks I have a vu+duo box and using vix if that helps

oh lol shows how much I pay attention.its just for some reason all of the hd channels have now come to the top of my channel list.that will explain why I cant get them lol.do you know how to delete these from the channel list.soz for being a plonker this box is fairly new for me ROFL

Its cool dude lol
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquetsmaker
Providers. Make sure its set on UK SD not hd

Back