Tuner fail

Hi all,i reflashed my vu duo2 last week and everything been fine,today (have abm set for 5.30am scan) tho it came up as scan failed check tuner d for configuration errors, signal cabling issues, any other reception issues. I had tuner d set as equal to tuner c and c set as simple. So switched tuner d to loopthrough from tuner c and now it shows tuner c with same fault finding options.. but why has it just done it today when i flashed last week. And can anyone give me any ideas. The scan is only for sky uk fta, tuners a and b are disabled as they are cable tuners.

Are these all Sat tuners ? Dual Sat Tuners ?

How many cables from the LNB do you have attached to those tuners ? And what tuner inputs are the LNB cables attached to ?

Are these all Sat tuners ? Dual Sat Tuners ?

How many cables from the LNB do you have attached to those tuners ? And what tuner inputs are the LNB cables attached to
There are two cables from the dish to the box and yes they are sat tuners,the A and B tuners are cable and both disabled. As said everything was fine until today when i had D equal to C.
The dish was originally put up when there was the old cs.

If your tunner configuration is correct you have l.n.b fault The l.n.b is not switching correctly between the v and h side off the transponder Have visual inspection off the satellite dish l.n.b Check for cracks or hole in the l.n.b If your satellite equipment is over 10 years old this could be the case The sky l.n.b is notorious for breaking down after period of time

If your tunner configuration is correct you have l.n.b fault The l.n.b is not switching correctly between the v and h side off the transponder Have visual inspection off the satellite dish l.n.b Check for cracks or hole in the l.n.b If your satellite equipment is over 10 years old this could be the case The sky l.n.b is notorious for breaking down after period of time
It isn't a sky dish i was going to have a new lnb fitted but the installer recommended a new dish as well so went with that.

There are two cables from the dish to the box and yes they are sat tuners,the A and B tuners are cable and both disabled. As said everything was fine until today when i had D equal to C.
The dish was originally put up when there was the old cs.
If you have 2 cables in why not just activate the tuners your cables are connected to for now.

Id have Tuner B on your first tuner with a cable and D on your second tuner with a cable.

Setup for both those first disable A and C

Simple
Single
28 east.

Probably got this wrong its been a while since my duo2 but try that first

A and b are cable tuners c and d ar sat tuners
So Disable those so as not to confuse ABM

2 cables from LNB into C & D

Set up box on C & D

Simple
Single
28 east.

To get abm to work you may have to disable one of the tuner if memory serves my right, suspect it might be C once scan is complete re enable the tuner.

Last edited:
Think he means Simple and Single 28.2 for both sat tuners.

Then you could see in signal finder c and d are giving a signal and tuner lock.

So Disable those so as not to confuse ABM

2 cables from LNB into C & D

Set up box on C & D

Simple
Single
28 east.
They are already disabled,as said just dont understand why it has decided today that set up is wrong, the only reason i wanted it was sometimes mrs likes to watch a programme straight after something else and not all available straight away on catch up or plus 1 channels,so i record it for her. But will give that suggestion a go,but have a feeling thats what i did first after reflash and it wont record a diff channel.

They are already disabled,as said just dont understand why it has decided today that set up is wrong, the only reason i wanted it was sometimes mrs likes to watch a programme straight after something else and not all available straight away on catch up or plus 1 channels,so i record it for her. But will give that suggestion a go,but have a feeling thats what i did first after reflash and it wont record a diff channel.
To get abm to work you may have to disable one of the tuners if memory serves me right years since ive used ABM,suspect it might be C once scan is complete re enable the tuner.

If it dont work swap em round and try another scan.

To get abm to work you may have to disable one of the tuners if memory serves me right years since ive used ABM,suspect it might be C once scan is complete re enable the tuner.

If it dont work swap em round and try another scan.
Just tried both on simple,single and 28E and got same error stating C as tuner,giving frequency 11778MHz now will try disabling one.

Reading between the lines, you are confirming that you have signal wires from universal LNB to both Tuner C and Tuner D. If this is not the case, please confirm what you have.

Forget ABM for now. Use Manual scan, single satellite, select tuner C. (Use left/right buttons to change options.) How many channels do you get? If less than 850, there is a fault somewhere.

Repeat for Tuner D.

Done that,and whichever is enabled it shows that as error,so i have tuner C disabled and shows tuner D with error,and if have tuner D disabled it shows tuner C with error... also i got a message saying 28.2E 2E/2F/2G is no longer used would i like to remove it.

Reading between the lines, you are confirming that you have signal wires from universal LNB to both Tuner C and Tuner D. If this is not the case, please confirm what you have.

Forget ABM for now. Use Manual scan, single satellite, select tuner C. (Use left/right buttons to change options.) How many channels do you get? If less than 850, there is a fault somewhere.

Repeat for Tuner D.
Presume i had to disable other tuner before scan,if so both seperate scans showed zero channels.

You didn't need to change tuner configuration. If both tuners are not finding channels, you will need to investigate why. LNB failed, dish moved, water ingress in cables.

Can you please post a screenshot/picture of the scan settings you used. Just to double check

I didnt do it right first time but 2nd time did as you said and tuner c still showed zero channels tuner d same.and pics are both tuners were set.

Attachments

• 20230620_122721.jpg
    20230620_122721.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230620_122648.jpg
    20230620_122648.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
There is going to be a hardware fault. You have to rule things out one by one.

PSU on receiver not outputting enough power. These are internal, so not easy.

LNB has a fault.
Wires damaged
Water in wires
Dish moved
Dish obstrcted

Have you got another receiver to test? Can you take your receiver and test somewhere else (must not be wideband sky Q outputs)?

Back