Tutorial: How to prepare your USB HDD to play Wii Backup games

Wii loader shows games but freezes during loading.

I have a Wii 4.3E, soft modded , with CFG USB loader and wii flow, i could play games from hard drive but recently added a few more . Now i can see all the game titles but freezes during loading and pops up with disc error?

Any ideas?

When you added the games did you patch the updates or region on the games,is the whole hdd affected,or just the new games

When you added the games did you patch the updates or region on the games,is the whole hdd affected,or just the new games

I just install them through wii backup manager , i didn't patch the updates or region ( should have i?) and all the games on the hdd are affected. I have recently ModMii my 4.3E , set up everything as specified. Formatted HDD to Fat32 and loaded a few games via Wii BackupManager. Configurable USB Loader starts and shows the available games but when i start them the screen says booting .... iso (249) iso reload blocked then loading....... Then the screen goes black the wii remote turns off and a minute later an error message pops up on screen - An error has occurred. Please eject and restart wii.

Do i need to change the region settings or iso or video settings on CFB USB loader?

iso 249 is outdated are you sure you didnt or should have selected ios 236,if not redo modmii,something has gone awry somewhere but should be easily solvable

The top link for softmodding takes me to a page that states it works only for 4.2. Does it actually work for 4.3e?

Your welcome guys.

I'm glad that it is still relevant and is doing the job. I haven't played the Wii for a while..

Back