Twin Tuner - Zgemma H.2s

Hi all. I just purchased another Zgemma box(love these things). "Zgemma H.2s". its a Twin tuner.I have have a cable splitter to create 2 live signals from one feed. the question i have is., do i require a multisat server line to be able to record one channel and watch another. My server line provider says yes, i'm inclined to agree with him as hes the expert but would like to know the expert opinion on techkings.

cheers

go find another server that will allow 1 line on a twin tuner box,imagine if i had a quad?:fartlight:

hold on is that a twin cable box or twin sat?

if sat no splitters allowed

Last edited:
Depends on the price you are paying sometimes these really cheap subs will only allow one nothing wrong with that.

When I first glanced at the question I thought the same as you cactikid.

You have purchased a twin sat box you can not split the cable you need two cables coming directly from the lnb on the sat dish.

Hi guys. Thanks for the quick reply. Yes,it's a twin tuner satellite box. Didn't know the splitter wouldn't work :( I originally bought the splitter for a cable box. I take it this means the multi sat line will make no difference?

depending on how you use the receivers, you could have one cable to each, then loop out to b on both receivers - that's if you cant get two cables to each, direct from the lnb - not sure how successful that would be, that depends on how you use the receivers

Thanks for reply MisterB. I'm selling my combo box to help fund the twin tuner satalite box. There is two cables coming direct from the inb dish as it were but one isn't working. it was like this when i moved into the property. its a really long cable so thinking i could shorten it and fingers crossed the feed would work from both :) one things for sure, i don't need a multiroom line lol. the provider was saying i needed it to use a twin tuner..

you would have needed a 'multi room' line of you were on cable AND sat on your combi box - though it would actually be two lines you needed, not a multi line.

remaking the connections on the ends of the sat cable is a better idea than just trying to shorten the cable itself, even though shorter cable runs are better than longer cable runs

Just an update chaps, I taken out the cable splitter and used the original two lnb cables from the sky dish. It works perfectly! I can record and watch any other channel. I really don't think I need to pay for more for a multi line.

Back