Two arrested in TV card share probe

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Detectives from Leeds arrested two people and seized cash after swooping on addresses in Birmingham in the latest round of investigations into satellite TV 'card sharing' frauds.
Officers from North East Leeds CID armed with two warrants raided business premises on Soho Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, and a private home in West Bromwich.

332.jpg

Working alongside staff from FACT (Federation Against Copyright Theft) and West Midlands Police, they detained a 32-year-old man from Kurdistan and a 31-year-old woman originally from Latvia at the
business premises.

Both were arrested on suspicion of fraud by false representation and the man was also arrested on suspicion of money laundering.

More than £17,000 cash was seized at the business premises under the powers of the Proceeds of Crime Act.

The man and woman were later released on bail to appear at a Leeds police station later this year.

On May 13 two people were arrested when Leeds police with FACT officers smashed their way through a brick wall of an electrical store in Harehills Road, Harehills, Leeds, in the search for evidence against those allegedly involved in 'card sharing' TV subscription scams.

They also raided a private home on St Wilfrid's Drive, Gipton, Leeds.
During the raid on the shop, police removed a door to find it had been bricked up, so they hammered their way through the blockwork.

Police seized £1,500 in cash as well as six laptop computers, a server, two hard drives and a number of computer modems and satellite boxes.

A man and a woman, both 35, were arrested on suspicion of fraud and copyright offences.

In card sharing frauds a person with a valid satellite TV subscription uses internet technology to allow others to watch the service illegally. Satellite TV providers estimate the cost of each illegal viewer is between £20 and £60 a month.

it sounded like an easy way out...pbviously not. this is Dan-ger-ous's territory, it wasn't you , was it....????.lol

lmao! I personally know and have been on Soho Road, so this is quite of a shocker to me, didn't know that a raid would happen so close to my territory. :happy:

As for the arrests made in Leeds, i guess they got pee o'd a little bit as they were the first to be attacked by Nagra 3, guess they just couldn't wait. :bond: lol

Sadly no, it wasnt me :p, i dont think this card sharing thing will last for too long, the authorities are well aware of it, and the penalities involved may well scare others that are willing to set up a server somewhere. :)

Back