ET8500 QUAD TUNER Two tuner xtrend 8500 for cable

I have the same set up using OpenATV 5.3 and it's fine
Cable tuners set as Tuners A & B, Sat as Tuner C

Recorded Are You Being Served last night on tuner A whilst watching the F1 on Sky Sports F1 HD on tuner B

Kieron

Try recording BBC 2 HD and watching Channel 4 HD

All my problems started on open ATV, tried 15 + images - no joy
Went over to open vix, same issues, but ok on 4.1.016
Ive been faffing for weeks trust the problem is there.
Try different combos of HD channels

Last edited:
Hmmm. Tried recording ss1 HD and watching ss2 hd? It's not every channel. Unless you've older drivers now cause did you not return your box with tuner issue?

Yes, got email this morning from supplier confirming driver issue, as you said its not every channel(s) and at least got a workaround until fixed in later builds.

i recived my xtrend 8500 yesterday from W.O.S and i had the sam issues as regarding to black screen while recording even when using webif on pc so i put openvix-4.1.016 on my box.

now i dont get black screen but i still get alot of buffering when using webif or kodi to stream channels to another device.

any advice appreciated

regards

fether

it is wired m8 strange that it only seem to happen when watcking sky sports news HD on tv and trying to watch sky sports 1 HD on pc through webif or kodi

regards

fether

There are some little niggles with this box that should/will be sorted when the driver issue is resolved...I always just stream the SD versions as the HD ones where flakey on any box I've tried to stream from.

the reason i got this box was so i can watch or record 2 HD channels at once do you think the issue's will be resolved m8 ??

kind regards

fether

Yes, they are aware of it, can't say how long it will be, its only the odd channel combo that does it, I thought you just had an issue streaming to other devices from the box? Sorry I mis-understood.

cheers m8 as long its a image problem and not my box i will live with it until its fix first time iv bought 1 off these's boxes i normaly buy vu+ box'es

kind regards

fether

Yes, dangerous exhausted just about every avenue, its been confirmed by the manufacturer and they will sort it via a software update, the xtrend are very good value but I do like Vu boxes.

Back