Tyre Sidewall Repair

36red

Noticed the tyre on the motor had gone down significantly. Pumped it up to manufacturers spec. Took it to tyre shop for puncture repair. Didnt have puncture as such but sidewall was letting air out when covered in water little bubbles could be seen. Can this be patched foxed or is it a new or 2nd hand tyre jobby?
Phoned local companies they want £50 for a new tyre or £25 for a used one.

New tyre or coffin your choice and dont like second hand tyres as you dont know the quality of them.

Was this the tyre itself or leaking around the rim which can be sealed

Got mine sealed on the rim a few weeks ago.
Only £10.
Tyre is like new even though I got it along with 3 others in Nov 2019....few months before pandemic hit.
Only done about 6000 miles on them but they are really like brand new.
If you get a few tyres at same time they often knock a few quid off.
Mine were supposed to be £55 each but ended up getting four fitted for £180

New tyre or coffin your choice and dont like second hand tyres as you dont know the quality of them.

Was this the tyre itself or leaking around the rim which can be sealed
The tyre itself, the dude sprayed water on the sidewall and you could see little bubbles appear where the tyre size is visible.
Ah well will get a new budget one tomorrow them.

Got mine sealed on the rim a few weeks ago.
Only £10.
Tyre is like new even though I got it along with 3 others in Nov 2019....few months before pandemic hit.
Only done about 6000 miles on them but they are really like brand new.
If you get a few tyres at same time they often knock a few quid off.
Mine were supposed to be £55 each but ended up getting four fitted for £180
I once went to a tyre place for a tyre and ended up buying two, a right rip off merchant am steering well clear of him this time.
So you got a tenner knocked off each tyre then, nice one.
They say buying in bulk is cheaper.

Any issue on the wall of the tyre, bin it, on the tread you can get it plugged. For your peace of mind get a new tyre, there are good ones for a decent price. As an earlier post stated, surely your safety is priority.

Reactions: PCM
Any issue on the wall of the tyre, bin it, on the tread you can get it plugged. For your peace of mind get a new tyre, there are good ones for a decent price. As an earlier post stated, surely your safety is priority.
Yes I will get a new budget one to be on the safe side, you are correct in your thinking, safety first.

Wise move mate, it's not like the 70's when you could run your car on remoulds, in them days most cars couldn't do more than 60 anyways unless you launched them off a cliff :-)

Back