UHD channels

Aristotle

@userlee5267
I thought I would start a new thread regarding UHD.
If your tv is reporting HDR or HLG then you are viewing 4k UHD source.
You can’t trick the tv into thinking it is receiving a fake 4k UHD source.
HLG has a lower bandwidth than HDR but it is still 4k.
The BBC and SLY use HLG.

I have them off my supplier and are genuine but rarely use them to be honest.

Fairly easy to spot fake ones though.

Said it many times not huge differences between good quality 50fps.

@userlee5267
I thought I would start a new thread regarding UHD.
If your tv is reporting HDR or HLG then you are viewing 4k UHD source.
You can’t trick the tv into thinking it is receiving a fake 4k UHD source.
HLG has a lower bandwidth than HDR but it is still 4k.
The BBC and SLY use HLG.
I saw some sources that they restream S.ky Sports Main Event and F1 FHD to 3840 x 2160 pixel and you use your eyes to check that :grin:

I saw some sources that they restream S.ky Sports Main Event and F1 FHD to 3840 x 2160 pixel and you use your eyes to check that :grin:
Gor them mate they only look good if you watch standard HD then switch to those 4k.

Switch from goods 50fps to the 4k hardly notice.

Last edited:
You can see the difference with your eyes but for confirmation your tv will switch into HDR mode if you’re TV supports it.
Some Android devices also have hardware monitoring and that can also confirm 4k HDR UHD
You also could have 4k SDR which is 4k resolution but not HDR UHD.
I have channels like this but they same UHD on the channel logo.
They still look good though.

Last edited:
The can see the difference with your eyes but for confirmation your tv will switch into HDR mode if you’re TV supports it.
Some Android devices also have hardware monitoring and that can also confirm 4k HDR UHD
You also could have 4k SDR which is 4k resolution but not HDR UHD.
yeah the tv changes and all that. For some reason prefer my movies 4k and sports at 50fps. Obviously there's no 4k movie channels

The only 4k channel on IPTV that is HDR is BT Ultimate all others are not HDR...including Sky. I don't know about HLG kicking in as my TV only does HDR
If your tv supports HDR it also should supports HLG. Depending on its age also.
I have 4 Sly sports HLG channels

Last edited:
All raw means is direct from source.
Even satellites images are compressed.
You do not get the raw image and audio that the cameras are receiving.
You are getting a better quality image but there is not a big difference in image quality.

Even satellites images are compressed.
You do not get the raw image and audio that the cameras are receiving.
You are getting a better quality image but there is not a big difference in image quality.a

Raw streams really means direct as we used to call them so. a server owner will be buying direct from the person sourcing them.

Some people used to call 50fps streams raw which isn't strictly true.

yeah the tv changes and all that. For some reason prefer my movies 4k and sports at 50fps. Obviously there's no 4k movie channels
I might be in the minority but I find 4K ruins a lot of movies and they just have an artificial look to them. Loses the cinematic look. It gives a tv show look.

Raw streams really means direct as we used to call them so. a server owner will be buying direct from the person sourcing them.

Some people used to call 50fps streams raw which isn't strictly true.
All I know is that when I am watching a 4k UHD channel my hardware monitoring reports
2160p 50hz which is 50 frames per second and HDR (HLG) is enabled. The same reporting for any other format.

I might be in the minority but I find 4K ruins a lot of movies and they just have an artificial look to them. Loses the cinematic look. It gives a tv show look.
I don't know buddy I think if it was filmed in 4k it's pretty good. It's when they remaster a movie to 4k not so good.

If you tv has Cinema mode this can help the image look more like it was intended to look.

Back