UHD channels

All I know is that when I am watching a 4k UHD channel my hardware monitoring reports
2160p 50hz which is 50 frames per second and HDR (HLG) is enabled. The same reporting for any other format.
I think if you run it through vlc the pixel rate will change. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you are watching

my supplier has ultra ultra ffhd now, 92fps and a million hz but don't pm me as im nearly blind and can't make out the small fonts :laughing:

I think if you run it through vlc the pixel rate will change. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you are watching
Why would I use another player when I have Tivimate set to use my Hardwares audio and video decoders which it supports all video and audio formats and I have AFR enabled also so it automatically switches frame rates when needed.

Why would I use another player when I have Tivimate set to use my Hardwares audio and video decoders which it supports all video and audio formats and I have AFR enabled also so it automatically switches frame rates when needed.
Yes I agree!

And just checked with VLC and It's the same with tivimate or implayer

I think it's something like this

Movies are better

High bit rate but FPS should be around 25fps.

With sports specially sports like cricket and football.

FPS is the most important factor to stop ball blur and stuff like that.

I think it's something like this

Movies are better

High bit rate but FPS should be around 25fps.

With sports specially sports like cricket and football.

FPS is the most important factor to stop ball blur and stuff like that.
Yeah you need 50hz most of Europe 60hz US for sports because of the fast moving images.
25hz can have noticeable judder.
Majority of movies are filmed at 24fps.

All I know is that when I am watching a 4k UHD channel my hardware monitoring reports
2160p 50hz which is 50 frames per second and HDR (HLG) is enabled. The same reporting for any other format.

Strangely I've seen HDR activate on non-HDR (FHD) VOD content (confirmed through codec data / x-ray) on my Samsung qn90B. It only happened on a particular provider. I'm not sure what caused it but needless to say it was very annoying when I was briefly using it.

Yeah you need 50hz most of Europe 60hz US for sports because of the fast moving images.
25hz can have noticeable judder.
Majority of movies are filmed at 24fps.

Once you get used to 50fps for sports/football it makes watching normal 25fps very very difficult.

Strangely I've seen HDR activate on non-HDR (FHD) VOD content (confirmed through codec data / x-ray) on my Samsung qn90B. It only happened on a particular provider. I'm not sure what caused it but needless to say it was very annoying when I was briefly using it.
I bet, but I haven’t experienced that yet, probably because I have rarely used VOD from suppliers.
Used to use Kodi back in the day but have used Syncler for several years now and the last few years Weyd also.

I have noticed some of the 1080p sports can activate HDR on my TV and they look as good as the 4k channels. Also have the 5.1 surround sound. They seem good

I have noticed some of the 1080p sports can activate HDR on my TV and they look as good as the 4k channels. Also have the 5.1 surround sound. They seem good
I haven’t come across that yet.
In hardware monitoring I always get 2160p resolution when viewing HDR HLG channels
What resolution does the tv information give you when viewing channels like that?

I watched English cup final and some other programes using Iplayer UHD Had to adjust LG to fix picture. Watching football did not see much change from 1080.

I watched English cup final and some other programes using Iplayer UHD Had to adjust LG to fix picture. Watching football did not see much change from 1080.
Not sure what LG tv you have.
BBC use 2160p HLG for UHD content on iPlayer.
When I watch that type of iPlayer content on my LG tv it switches into HDR(HLG) mode.
I then have a few different HDR modes to choose from.
I like Cinema mode out of the choices.
I also use cinema mode if I watch any Dolby vision content.
I do have the room dark when viewing though.
For me the resolution and colour range and depth look a lot better.

Not sure what LG tv you have.
BBC use 2160p HLG for UHD content on iPlayer.
When I watch that type of iPlayer content on my LG tv it switches into HDR(HLG) mode.
I then have a few different HDR modes to choose from.
I like Cinema mode out of the choices.
I also use cinema mode if I watch any Dolby vision content.
I do have the room dark when viewing though.
For me the resolution and colour range and depth look a lot better.
LG is about 8 yrs approx. Adverts then saying 4k will be soon. Still waiting for this to happen on regional TV.

It may work on Cinema mode, Give it a shot soon.

Have Lg built in to Ikea so sound not as good as you expect.

And oh, I hate the fact that HDR makes movies look washed out. I hate how Hollywood has this love for dull washed out colours. Loved the 80's/90's movies that were very colourful.

LG is about 8 yrs approx. Adverts then saying 4k will be soon. Still waiting for this to happen on regional TV.

It may work on Cinema mode, Give it a shot soon.

Have Lg built in to Ikea so sound not as good as you expect.
Not sure when regional tv will be 4k but would be nice even in SDR
Yeah you should have several options in HDR(HLG) mode but I prefer cinema but try out the different options and see which one you prefer. Standard and Vivid look brighter.
Tbh haven’t used a TVs speakers in about 10 years.
The TVs nowadays are so slim they can’t fit any decent speakers in them and the sound is usually pretty poor on them imo.

Last edited:
And oh, I hate the fact that HDR makes movies look washed out. I hate how Hollywood has this love for dull washed out colours. Loved the 80's/90's movies that were very colourful.
Not sure what tv you have but HDR10 and Dolby vision look better than standard 4k SDR imo.
Have tried the different HDR pictures mode available on your tv.
These modes will have an effect on how the colour looks.
I can only change the modes when HDR10 or DV content is playing.
It maybe the same on your tv also depending on the brand.

Last edited:
Not sure what tv you have but HDR10 and Dolby vision look better than standard 4k SDR imo.
Have tried the different HDR pictures mode available on your tv.
These modes will have an effect on how the colour looks.
I can only change the modes when HDR10 or DV content is playing.
It maybe the same on your tv also depending on the brand.

Thanks for the info mate, but I am quite clued up on these things. I know it's definitely what Hollywood do with colours rather than the tv. They use this colour wheel/grading rubbish and make everything look blue or dull and depressing.
The tv is one of the more premium line Samsung miniLEDs. And Samsung love to saturate colours so it isn't the tv. No amount of tweaking can solve those colours.😄

Back