Broadband UK Broadband - early/mid 2000's

dasnico

Hi all

Random topic here but I remember back in the early to mid 2000's there was a broadband provider in the UK that provided customers with what I remember to be as a purple modem/wifi router, likely dsl/adsl. Initially I thought it was a Three UK product as I remember the curves of far eastern/dragon type design, then the name "voodoo" seemed to ring a bell, but Google isn't yielding any results. I don't remember it being around for long, but at the time I remember thinking "wow, that's fast internet!" It's a random thought that's turned into "I have to find out what that service/product was called!"

Does this ring any bells with UK/English form members?

Hi all

Random topic here but I remember back in the early to mid 2000's there was a broadband provider in the UK that provided customers with what I remember to be as a purple modem/wifi router, likely dsl/adsl. Initially I thought it was a Three UK product as I remember the curves of far eastern/dragon type design, then the name "voodoo" seemed to ring a bell, but Google isn't yielding any results. I don't remember it being around for long, but at the time I remember thinking "wow, that's fast internet!" It's a random thought that's turned into "I have to find out what that service/product was called!"

Does this ring any bells with UK/English form members?
got to have been NTL before virgin bought them out . first broadband was 2000 generally. with adsl and modems in general use ntl.jpg

He says router, and purple. This picture is of a modem, and it’s blue 😊
he remembers it as a purple modem/wifi router, if i remember there were very few options until 2000 with most fast systems being dual bonded adsl ntl . were one of the first. also technically newer modems werent modems at all . just tried to jog his memory. did you have a suggestion?

NTL was the first broadband company I had in 2000-2001 but can’t remember the colour of the modem/router tbh. I do remember it being slow though.

I am pretty sure it was NTL but it was blue ish color and not exactly purple although some might see it as purple.

Back in the early days of NTL cable broadband they used a "shark fin" router. I only know this as I was working in their tech support department back in the very early 2000's

My first ADSL 'broadband' modem was the Alcatel Speedtouch USB one which I think did about 10Mbps looked a bit like a stingray :
1711900061969.png

My first ADSL 'broadband' modem was the Alcatel Speedtouch USB one which I think did about 10Mbps looked a bit like a stingray :
View attachment 101879
I was going to say that as well - think I had that on Claranet at 0.5Mbps - sounds like nothing today but it was amazing back then and probably 15 times faster than what we got on dial up back then

Back