Unable to connect Zgemma-star 2S to Vodafone Router by ethernet cable

majors

Hi there, I hope the wonderful people on this forum can help me resolve my current problem.

I have a zgemma Star 2s box and recently moved from BT to Vodafone Broadband and installed their router.

I connect the zgemma box with a ethernet cable to the router. The lights are all flashing green to show connectivity.

On the zgemma box it shows me under Network settings that the box is connected to the router.

However (here is my issue), I can only view the freeview channels, none of the Sky channels are available to view.

What settings am i missing that need changing so that the signal for channels gets through?

Anyone had any issues of this kind with Vodafone routers?

Thanks

M

Hi thanks, I am bit IT savvy however this is not something I understand. Is there specific menus on the vodafone router I can go into to disable the shield?

M

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 PM ----------

make sure that in network settings, the gateway whatever your routers ip address is, usually 192.168.1.1,

Thanks, however there a tons of sub menus on the zgemma can you be more specific on which sub menus I need to change this on please.

thanks

M

make sure that in network settings, the gateway whatever your routers ip address is, usually 192.168.1.1,

Found the setting and ensured that the gateway ip is as router. I now have LAN "connected", Local network "connected", DHCP "enabled", but IP address "unconfirmed".

Without the IP confirmed i cannot get any channels to work. its going to be a simple menu option that has not been set properly but can't think which.

Any ideas appreciated please.

M

Try switching box and router off then router on fully then switch box on

Tried switching everything off but still no luck.

Some nights it connects and then some it does not. its connected via ethernet so no wifi issues there, and on the router I can see the zgemma box ip address registered, however the zgemma box only shows freeview channels and not the premium channels.

Does anyone know which network settings on the zgemma box I need to tweak to allow the connectivity to work please?

Thanks

M

Back